Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was cleaning my storage and found a magazine from 1983. In the back were personal ads. One of the women who placed an ad said something that put me in a state of total awe. "must not have tattoos". I had to look back at that over and over in amazement, it was like traveling to another dimension.

Of course in 1983 hardly anyone had tattoos except the scariest elements of society. Still it was refreshing to see this because in this era it seems the majority of online ads from women say either how they find guys with tattoos to be sexy, how they love tattoos, or how they are covered in tattoos themselves. I have never once (except for this 1983 ad) seen a woman say she doesn't like tattoos. There is not a diversity of thoughts on this subject, it's all one sided and everyone thinks exactly the same.

So I would like to know is there even one woman left who is turned off by tattoos, considers them a dealbreaker etc. If you think tattoos are hot reply if you wish but I have seen your thoughts expressed millions of times, they are as typical as can be. I would be much more interested in hearing from women whodon't like them, consider them a turn off etc...if such a woman exists.
Just look at some tattoo magazines and tell me if women like tattoos or not. I see super hot women with tattoos everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 AM

30,991 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't like tattoos. The only exception is when the guy has a really great body, I may be able to tolerate a few, but I'd still prefer no tattoos.
I like tattoos but if your body is really that great, Ink is just going to take away from that. For us Mortals with average bodies I say Tattoo away.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
I like tattoos as long as they are not violent or obscene. Even then, as long as I don't have to look directly at them, I'm fine.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was cleaning my storage and found a magazine from 1983. In the back were personal ads. One of the women who placed an ad said something that put me in a state of total awe. "must not have tattoos". I had to look back at that over and over in amazement, it was like traveling to another dimension.

Of course in 1983 hardly anyone had tattoos except the scariest elements of society. Still it was refreshing to see this because in this era it seems the majority of online ads from women say either how they find guys with tattoos to be sexy, how they love tattoos, or how they are covered in tattoos themselves. I have never once (except for this 1983 ad) seen a woman say she doesn't like tattoos. There is not a diversity of thoughts on this subject, it's all one sided and everyone thinks exactly the same.

So I would like to know is there even one woman left who is turned off by tattoos, considers them a dealbreaker etc. If you think tattoos are hot reply if you wish but I have seen your thoughts expressed millions of times, they are as typical as can be. I would be much more interested in hearing from women whodon't like them, consider them a turn off etc...if such a woman exists.
Personally I don't like them. They are taboo in my culture (I'm Jewish) and I think a guy with full sleeves looks kind of...well...unattractive. I've dated guys with tattoos before but they were small and easily hidden by clothing. That's not a big deal.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Personally I don't like them. They are taboo in my culture (I'm Jewish) and I think a guy with full sleeves looks kind of...well...unattractive. I've dated guys with tattoos before but they were small and easily hidden by clothing. That's not a big deal.
That's cool, if you find some guys with full sleeves (especially done in the old school style) feel free to send them over to me

Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 AM

808 posts, read 1,877,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I like tattoos but if your body is really that great, Ink is just going to take away from that. For us Mortals with average bodies I say Tattoo away.
I think Colin Kaepernick looks way better with tattoos than he would without them

Last edited by RedZin; 08-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, I was just thinking that a bicep tattoo could look cool on a guy with impressive muscles, but it doesn't have the same effect on a guy with an average or less than average body, in my opinion.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
I think Colin Kaepernick looks way better with tattoos than he would without them

Sign me up

Last edited by RedZin; 08-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
I love GOOD tattoos. On men and on women.

That said, my husband doesn't have any. My ex did. I've dated men with and men without. I tend to go for the person, tattooed or not.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,200 times
if you had tats you wouldn't ask this question

there are *tons* of people who prefer no ink. some are obnoxiously vocal about it

if you don't believe me, get a visible temporary tattoo and try a speed dating session. chances are several gals will subtly let you know it's not their style (fair enough) and at least one will let you know how poor your life choices were (gag me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships