Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
oh, i'm sure you feel that way. but i was also engaged to a 26yo single mom, so i think i know a little bit about the topic. and at least enough to know that your comment is a generalization that isn't universal. all you have to do is look on dating sites for women looking for men who are "financially stable".
I want my guy to be financially stable as I will be after I'm done with school. I want to have a happy household with both adults working a decent job, I don't want looked after though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I think you forgot to add "in my opinion" to the above statement. Many men have gotten involved with single mothers and thrived... so please lets not qualify our personal belief as the gold standard...
Nope, I won't do that. You don't have to accept it but I don't have to qualify it. back atcha.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayele View Post
If Tele-cat response "It is a bad idea for a man without kids to get involved with a single mother" it's probabily that uoy had one bad experience.... I understand and not convict... but also Percentage have rason... The love have infinity corner...

Response also with email because I don't understand the functionality of data-city... I?m new...
No, it has nothing to do with that, but the way courts are granting child support to non-custodial STEP PARENTS in divorce proceedings between childless men and the single mothers they married, anyone without children marrying a single parent is asking to be screwed blind in court.

Furthermore, no one who gets involved with a single parent will EVER be number one in their spouse/partner's life, no matter the age of the offspring. One person on here simply refused to answer the question of "would you put your childless spouse/partner's wishes/needs ahead of your grown children's?

A simple yes/no question to which no answer was forthcoming, reinforcing further, my belief it is nothing short of desperate/insane for a childless person to get involved with a single parent.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
It is a bad idea for a man without kids to get involved with a single mother.
really?

Totally disagree

Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 PM

348 posts, read 498,325 times
Everyone's different. Some guys can handle single moms some can't. It is what it is.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
Everyone's different. Some guys can handle single moms some can't. It is what it is.
Some men can handle the responsibility of a child and some can't. I think that's what you meant

Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Some men can handle the responsibility of a child and some can't. I think that's what you meant
well raising someone's child is a slightly different level of responsibility, and comfort level.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
I agree with the OP. I would not let my son meet a guy for at least 6 months. Dating isn't wrong when you have a child but you don't want a different man in your sons life every couple of months so I think waiting until the relationship is solid is best.
Maybe it's an age thing, with your son being young, and you being a protective mum? If your son was a teen ager it may be different I was a teenager when my mom and dad divorced. Who she dated really didn't have an affect on me. She eventually found my stepfather who was a Gem, the other two boyfriends she had were pretty good too. So, no bad experiences here.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
well raising someone's child is a slightly different level of responsibility, and comfort level.
I agree! If I was dating a single dad who's child had no mother then I'd be terrified in case I messed up or something. It's a huge responsibility I understand that.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Nothing like a passive-aggressive ad hominem to start the holiday weekend with a bang.

I did not want children from the time I was 10. I detested most kids when I was one. Some men don't want the child-rearing experience...

BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT IT!!! Has nothing to do with "handling" it, it has to do with wanting it. Are you suggesting men who want to raise children are somehow BETTER than those who eschew that lifestyle choice, for whatever reason?

Must be nice in your rose-colored world. Kids suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships