Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:47 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevalentine1986 View Post
he had a shot, he didn't take it.

now, for it to not be a mistake, SHE has to agree to meet him again.

why take the chance that she will agree to meet him again?

He should have just taken the shot when he first had it.
But then he'd have been taking a chance that she'd refuse to meet him again, based on him making a move prematurely.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:47 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
Ughh...I hate my life right now. It's over and has been for a while. Right now I'm pretty much wasting time trying to figure out where it went wrong. Long story short, she flaked. I actually got a text that said "you act like you're not interested"...that is so far from the truth. I'm thinking she rejected me because she thought I was hanging out with her just to be nice. It's almost like she completely ignored the one time I did kiss her.

I'm out of college and back in the house conducting a job search. Being in the house is torture. My romantic prospects are pretty much zippo until I find a job. Yes, I am being a whiny, oversensitive little girl but I can't help it. At least I learned something.
haha. Hindsight is always 20/20 my man.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
Ughh...I hate my life right now. It's over and has been for a while. Right now I'm pretty much wasting time trying to figure out where it went wrong. Long story short, she flaked. I actually got a text that said "you act like you're not interested"...that is so far from the truth. I'm thinking she rejected me because she thought I was hanging out with her just to be nice. It's almost like she completely ignored the one time I did kiss her.

I'm out of college and back in the house conducting a job search. Being in the house is torture. My romantic prospects are pretty much zippo until I find a job. Yes, I am being a whiny, oversensitive little girl but I can't help it. At least I learned something.
Ummm. I have GOT to know how you responded to that text.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
No, a lot of guys don't mind waiting. It just gets you nowhere. So they've learned better. Hence all the "nice guy" talk that you hate so much, which, as this type of situation shows, actually has a lot of truth to it, whether you like it or not.
Depends on what you mean by 'nowhere'. If you think getting laid is the absolute only reason to talk to a woman or date one or be in a relationship with one then yes, being a decent person would go nowhere. The guy I'm dating now is a genuinely good man which I'm honestly having a lot of trouble with because they're like unicorns and I really don't know how to act around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I don't think a slt would make much sense there. Prude would.

When people have sex on the first date with you its hard not to wonder if thats how most of their first dates go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
As someone who had a horrible reputation as a slvt when I was, in fact, a virgin, I'll disagree. Many men love putting the slvt label on women who turn them down for sex. It's a huge insult for many women and they want to soothe their bruised egos by insulting her.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Ummm. I have GOT to know how you responded to that text.
Doesn't matter. He'd already blown it and she'd already made up her mind about him. Game over. Move on to the next one.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. And it doesn't get hotter than a woman inviting you to her place; especially on her bed.

If women are so afraid of 'premature moves' (aka-assaulted, lol) then don't invite a man to your home; do your recapitulation elsewhere.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But then he'd have been taking a chance that she'd refuse to meet him again, based on him making a move prematurely.
A. Women prefer take charge guys who occasionally run the risk of over stepping their bounds in going after what they want. Let's call it "ambition" for fun.

B. Women prefer guys with milquetoast decision-making skills who are afraid to take a shot.

Okay - lets vote.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 AM

156 posts, read 260,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. And it doesn't get hotter than a woman inviting you to her place; especially on her bed.

If women are so afraid of 'premature moves' (aka-assaulted, lol) then don't invite a man to your home; do your recapitulation elsewhere.
this.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Doesn't matter. He'd already blown it and she'd already made up her mind about him. Game over. Move on to the next one.
I dunno. I'd be fairly amazed at anyone who based an entire decision about whether to go out with someone again on one evening where he didn't jump her.

Oh, hell no. There's more to that story. If she was determined to get laid, she would've made obvious moves.

And, no. Watching TV in bed, on top of the covers, with no other available TV in the house is not "making a move."

If she thought it was, she's an idiot.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
A. Women prefer take charge guys who occasionally run the risk of over stepping their bounds in going after what they want. Let's call it "ambition" for fun.

B. Women prefer guys with milquetoast decision-making skills who are afraid to take a shot.

Okay - lets vote.
You've painted men into two very distinct boxes.

Not attacking one's date the 2nd time you go out hardly qualifies as milquetoast behavior.

Damn. Has dating turned into a caveman, drag her by the hair sort of activity?

I say this as someone who has had sex on the first date, btw. It really just depends on the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships