Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,112,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradi View Post
Hi all, I'm in a relationship that has started 4 years ago, maybe I should mention that this is my first relationship ever and now I'm 23 years old and she is 22. At the moment we have serious problems that we deal with everyday but we just cannot break up. I think I am the problem because I don't find her as attractive as before though she looks quite the same. The next thing is that I am afraid to decide to stay with her forever because I find other girls very attractive and can't imagine myself having sex only with my girlfriend forever(she is waiting for me to make the fonal decision whether I'm staying with her or moving on with my life). I used to love her very much and now Im kind of fond of her and can't decide to break with her, she was for a long time close to me and we had great moments and I consider her as a family member, but i think I love her more as a family member than a girlfriend, There is not much romance and passion. As you see I really need your help because this is
the hardest moment I've ever been in my life(I'm in this crisis for 2 years, never made a decision).. what is your suggestion?
Love has nothing to do with "romance and passion". Love is about respect, honor and building a life together. You will discover, as life goes along, that what starts out as passion and fireworks and "butterflies in your tummy", quickly grows into a quiet feeling of peace and joy. Do not mistake love for sexual attraction or simply a hormonal reaction to reproduce that is in all of us. This is why marriages fail, because the partners are looking for the endorphin rush that goes along with a new relationship and they don't understand that it NEVER, EVER lasts.

But you are too young to settle down with one person, in my opinion.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,988,737 times
Quote:
I think I am the problem because I don't find her as attractive as before though she looks quite the same.
I see that some other posters interpreted this line differently from how I did, and that seems to have made a huge difference in their advice.

Did you mean that you no longer want to bang her a dozen times a day but maybe once? If that's the case, it's the normal progression of a relationship and would happen with any partner.

Or did you mean you don't want to at all, or once a month or less? That would indicate an actual problem -- usually it would mean that you are irritated or angry with her for some unresolved issue.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I see that some other posters interpreted this line differently from how I did, and that seems to have made a huge difference in their advice.

Did you mean that you no longer want to bang her a dozen times a day but maybe once? If that's the case, it's the normal progression of a relationship and would happen with any partner.

Or did you mean you don't want to at all, or once a month or less? That would indicate an actual problem -- usually it would mean that you are irritated or angry with her for some unresolved issue.
I don't think it necessarily means that he is irritated or angry with her. For me, that happened when I wasn't in love with the person anymore. I still loved them but I wasn't IN love with them. That's never happened with my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships