Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,138 times

Advertisements

[quote=distancerunner88;31242527]So folks, I have a question for you. Has anyone out there ever experienced just a total lack of interest in anything having to do with dating, getting into a relationship, or even having sex for that matter?
I am almost 25 and a good portion of my friends are engaged, married, dating someone, in a relationship, or just going on dates or "seeing somebody." Or, even if they're not, they're actively looking, talking about guys or girls, etc. All my cousins, siblings, and family members are married or dating someone.
I just have NO interest.

Wow I thought it was just me... Im 34 and you sound just like me. You are not alone. I know this post is old but I just wanted to comment! Im normal and so are you. I love men, i just don't want to deal with them, i have never been one of those women that were talking about babies marriage etc.. I like doing my own thing. I don't miss sex at all.... I had only 2 relationships and one left me hurt, betrayed, financially in a rut. I lost everything. I just don't have time. I embarking on a new career and want to focus on that. Im not into casual sex hook ups nothing....i don't want to get pregnant either. love will find you.. don't worry.. you are secure in who you are and don't need to be defined by a relationship. Society tells women you need to have babies, get married, etc to be a woman and as soon as you don't people think something is wrong with you. It's your normal . You are fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,015 times
distancerunner, I am nearly the exact same way as you, only male. I can't even imagine a future where I would be in a happy relationship again or being interested in sleeping with someone. My last relationship was so traumatic that it has severely damaged my ability to connect with other people. Best of luck to you!

Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I'm kind of like you except I date once in a blue moon. To be honest, I don't date much because I'm shy and have anxiety issues. I also don't approach women much because I don't really care too.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,890 times
I am in awe because i am the same way as you! 24 years old and if i startes this thread i would have said exactly what u said. Makes me feel like something is wrong and i say ok you def. Want a BF in thr back of my mind so i go on a few dates and even if he is perfect, i immediately back off and realize i dont want anything to do with it so i was trying to force myself but i just cant. Its normal and you are not alone! I dn what the future holds but i am very good at being on my own and tbats how itll stay!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 PM

7 posts, read 6,605 times
I believe that I have the same type of thing going on but I can't blame it on a bad experience or anything else. I now have a life of freedom after a divorce and raising my son. I've worked extremely hard to own a home and my vehicles and a vacation property. I really don't feel like I'm missing anything in my life even if other people are dating, married or are in relationships. I know if I was to meet someone who fits into my life than I would have much to share

Old 03-30-2015, 12:02 AM

750 posts, read 644,078 times
Being honest OP, yes there is something wrong with you. Id probably go see a professional to try and uncover the reasons for having such an unconventional non desires.

Edit just realized you have a kid. Nevermind, now it makes it much more ok. Still alittle weird and I would bet when you get older you might change your mind.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:38 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
If you are happy and have a complete full life with no desire for sex/relationship/family then that's fine. I just read some of the issues you have and it seems that you have found a way not to ever get hurt again. You seem to have convinced yourself to lock down that desire and then you won't have to experience heartache and pain which appears to be a sad conclusion and path to take.
No person you date shoud have your heart and soul or have the power to destroy you and your hopes/dreams. Sometimes we win and sometimes we loose in love but you have to play to win.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,427 times
There are more people like you! I cannot tell whether it's the psychological trauma from my childhood or the negative experiences that I had with men. I sometimes desire sex and have an idealized fantasy about it, but throughout my 34 years it never really felt that way so I kinda lost hope and interest. Also the chores of havi g someone around (phone calls, time spent together) feel like I am giving uo time from my own life! On top of all this I can add that I am not even interested in people at all. Their discourse about every day bull**** really bores me. I don't get stimulation from being with them, I'd rather read an analythical essay or an article, or New Scientist or watch some science programme. Same with friends. I am not interested in inane girly chatting. The only real affection I am capable of feeling is for animals. I like that they don't use words, rather gestures. They are effortlessly easy to bond with, and I adore them. I am content but I can't say I'm happy though. I live in a society where as a middle aged single I don't really fit in.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:34 AM

237 posts, read 224,809 times
It may not be considered "normal" because it's different from the majority, but that doesn't mean it's a problem. It's only a problem if you are unhappy with it. If you're happy and not looking to change things, then it's normal for you.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Ack! Nevermind. Didn't notice this was a necro-thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships