Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,625,809 times

Advertisements

How do you know it isn't for you unless you try it? I have no idea if any given food is for me or not until I throw caution to the wind and take a bite with an open mind. If I go into it convinced I'll hate it, then I will hate it. But you don't even know man, you've got a big web of assumptions built with no actual concrete personal experience to back any of them up. You might actually love being in an intimate relationship, you don't know because you've never even done it!

Every guy can hook up with a girl (maybe not the highest level girl in the world, but at least someone) if he really wanted to. There are too many instances of guys missing limbs and with chronic diseases and debilitating shyness marrying beautiful women who adore them for any guy to have any legitimate excuse for his lack of success. They'd be like "oh, your shy and your face doesn't look like george clooney's? I don't have any arms".

This is a self defense mechanism. "It's possible I'll get hurt and ridiculed therefore I'll avoid it entirely and pretend like I'm choosing not to partake for less wimpy reasons so I can live with myself". Just being honest, no offense intended. I've gone through the same thing so I know it exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,171,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
How do you know it isn't for you unless you try it? I have no idea if any given food is for me or not until I throw caution to the wind and take a bite with an open mind. If I go into it convinced I'll hate it, then I will hate it. But you don't even know man, you've got a big web of assumptions built with no actual concrete personal experience to back any of them up. You might actually love being in an intimate relationship, you don't know because you've never even done it!

Every guy can hook up with a girl (maybe not the highest level girl in the world, but at least someone) if he really wanted to. There are too many instances of guys missing limbs and with chronic diseases and debilitating shyness marrying beautiful women who adore them for any guy to have any legitimate excuse for his lack of success. They'd be like "oh, your shy and your face doesn't look like george clooney's? I don't have any arms".

This is a self defense mechanism. "It's possible I'll get hurt and ridiculed therefore I'll avoid it entirely and pretend like I'm choosing not to partake for less wimpy reasons so I can live with myself". Just being honest, no offense intended. I've gone through the same thing so I know it exists.
I honestly don't know why you're trying so hard or why this bothers you so much. Some people don't want to date or don't like dating. It's really no one's business but their own. The one thing these guys can do is not volunteer this information unless it's asked of them. Their are far worse people in this world than guys that don't date.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:01 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,610,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I honestly don't know why you're trying so hard or why this bothers you so much. Some people don't want to date or don't like dating. It's really no one's business but their own. The one thing these guys can do is not volunteer this information unless it's asked of them. Their are far worse people in this world than guys that don't date.

...except when you post on a public relationship advice forum, you ARE asking for information. No one has been harsh or extremely critical of him. Sounds like you are a bit over sensitive on this issue to be objective.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,171,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
...except when you post on a public relationship advice forum, you ARE asking for information. No one has been harsh or extremely critical of him. Sounds like you have a bit of over sensitive on this issue to be objective.
Yes I believe I did mention in my previous post that it's best to keep it to yourself. And I'm pretty sure there's some topics that you are sensitive about as well.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:17 PM

156 posts, read 317,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
The simple gist of that thread was "What is wrong with this guy that he missed out on something so crucial to the human experience, for so long?" . At my age, 29, I would not consider dating a virgin or someone with extreme dating inexperience. It invites in all kind of unwanted problems, like having to teach him what to do, or him not navigating through relationship problems properly, due to lack of experience. I would bet that most women my age similarly don't want to deal with inexperienced men.
With all due respect, you're starting a vicious cycle here with these guys. If they're not able to get experience with sex and dating because women refuse to date them because of their inexperience, how are they supposed to gain experience and improve? It's exactly like companies requiring 2-5 years of experience for a "entry level" job.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM

Right, at first this thread started as it was a choice not to date, so that's why I posted what I did. Only afterwards was it revealed as more of a thing where he was unable to find dates, as Liberty also pointed out.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,887,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soilworker1986 View Post
With all due respect, you're starting a vicious cycle here with these guys. If they're not able to get experience with sex and dating because women refuse to date them because of their inexperience, how are they supposed to gain experience and improve? It's exactly like companies requiring 2-5 years of experience for a "entry level" job.
It's not any one individual's responsibility to provide "charity dates" to those who have been socially unfortunate.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 PM

156 posts, read 317,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
It's not any one individual's responsibility to provide "charity dates" to those who have been socially unfortunate.
Right of course, I guess they're supposed to remain perpetually dateless the rest of their lives

Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Right of course, I guess they're supposed to remain perpetually dateless the rest of their lives
Hey, I was a charity-dater in high school. Apparently one should seek out girls with very low self esteem, lol.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,887,033 times
Quote:
They are not "supposed" to "be" anything.

They should just be working on doing what they find fulfilling.

If that means dating, and it is a struggle to get dates, then they should be working on making themselves a more attractive (and I do not necessarily mean physically attractive) candidate to find a date.

Not all women will dismiss a man who has some years on him and doesn't have a length social history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships