Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 AM

211 posts, read 373,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcatholic87 View Post
basically a Bay Area native because I have lived here since I was 5 and I am now 26. I love the Bay Area and its home, but why is dating so hard here? First off let me say I am working on myself and I understand part of it is on me and maybe I don’t take enough chances but I feel very isolated from the dating scene here. I am Roman Catholic and go to Church every Sunday and got baptized as Catholic last year. Mind you I am a more progressive minded Catholic. I go to Church; I am also involved with the liturgy Committee, sadly while I love my Church because it is more progressive there are not a lot of younger people and the younger people there tend to be younger people with children. I also help set up for Communion and serve as a Eucharistic Minister. I also help a disabled woman with her apartment. I also am finishing up my degree and is an artist going to school. And currently am looking for work through a job employment center, I however live with my parents which are not something I’m proud of and looking for work so I can get a move on into independent housing. I am looking for a woman who is a decent person, who likes a monogamous relationship, who isn’t into polyandrous and alternative types of dating, and while being a Christian or Catholic is not required it wouldn’t hurt for the Holy Spirit to bring us both together as Man and Woman. I like people who are mature; my last girlfriend was 40, because I tend to be an old soul at heart. While I realize I may need to do some self-examination it just seems like I’ve had really bad luck, here’s a brief preview of my dating/ sex history since 2009. I finally had sex with a 60 year old woman I met on craigslist, and it was enjoyable however we never talked again. I then went on one disastrous date in 2011 with another woman I met on craigslist; the date went on for 20 minutes. I was single for all of 2011 and feeling depressed about it. In 2012 I finally met someone through group therapy and she was 40 and I was 25. I liked her well enough and we had sex and she really liked me only I didn’t feel exactly the same way about her so we broke up. Since then my friend and I went to Polk set in so and vie tried dancing with women at bars, and I seem to get no response when I either ask for their phone number or they give me some weird answer. I used to have confidence issues around women particularly younger women, as I am more attracted to older women and a lot of what I have discovered with younger women into eh Bay Area is they are into themselves, their image they project and superficial crap. So a month ago I met this 38 year old woman at a bar in El Cerrito with her friend and they started talking to me and I was really hitting it off with this woman. They had to leave early and we exchanged phone numbers, I texted her just checking in and I asked her if she wanted to have lunch the next day and we did without her friend of course. Well we had lunch and chemistry seemed good, I liked her values as she was catholic and a special end teacher, doing god’s work, she said she was going back east and would text me when she got back to the Bay Area. Well I let a few days go by and texted her 3 or four times a few days apart of course and heard nothing back.

On my end:
Now I’m wondering if these are problems with me and stuff I could self-examine

Am I not giving off the right vibe? Am I too nice? Do women think I’m gay? Because I’m in good shape and nice and a vegetarian?

Should I not mention I’m catholic if it’s in a non-religious setting?
Maybe a woman would be turned off and assume because I’m Catholic that I agree 100 percent with the pope which by no means do I and also atheists rule out here.

Am I intimidatingly Handsome?
I don’t mean to pat myself on the back but I sort of have a friendly Middle American, tall blonde and nice hair and in fairly good shape.

Because I am considered conventionally handsome do they assume I am insecure, which I admit I am?

Am I not cool enough for the art scene/hipster scene, am I a bit of fashioned?
Maybe because my art tends to not be uber political or preaching to the choir maybe they consider me square.

While I’m more confident then I was and I can speak to women more than I could in the past, can they tell I’m nervous?

Things that irritate me
I get really jealous when I see a happy couple on a Bart train, or when a guy steals my thunder and starts talking to a girl I liked

I hate it when couples make out in front of you to make me feel jealous

I get particularly mad because I like cougars, and when I see a guy I think is ugly with a hot woman, I always think I have no shot with her.

In a nutshell the bay area dating scene frustrates me and I don’t understand why a good looking guy like myself who is tall and in shape and goes to the gym and runs three times a week with good catholic values can’t find a nice woman, and the women that are attracted to me aren’t my type.
Youre a decent looking 26 year old who likes older women. I think this is an easy one. Go to cougar bars and find cougars. Once you get past this Mrs. Robinson phase, you should look for a girl your age or younger at one of the many outlets you have established for yourself (church, volunteer work, school, etc.) there are girls everywhere looking for decent dudes.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Closed due to duplication with two other threads.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post

Or if you get desperate, look for support groups for widowed women. They'll be old, maybe religious, single, and emotionally compromised. Sounds perfect.

I can only hope you are joking. That is truly a despicable thing to do.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships