Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,158,498 times

Advertisements

I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):
1) ''You can't turn a sloot into a housewife'' or ''You can't wife-up a sloot''
2) ''Bros before sloots''

I wonder how much do they actually believe that? I would be offended if I was dating a man with that mentality. While I've only been with 1 man in my life whom I still talk to (my ex bf), I have no interest in becoming just a housewife nor reproductive machine (I'm currently paying for my classes; very much career oriented for now) and finding out that's the only reason he marry me. I'm not an object nor property to be wife-up either. i'm a person that decides if I want to be with that man or not. If I said no, then he can't do anything about it.

Secondly, if he would have his friends in first place then why is he even dating me? There should be no preferences. Wouldn't both me and his friends come in first place? I wouldn't want to be considered last. This would lead me to believe that if his friends invented a lie about me and it was absolutely false, he would believe them 100% and break up with me. I would obviously be very hurt and never want him in my life again.

I know. I shouldn't have read that but I was curious in seeing how they talk to each other. Those two phrases I would have a very hard time not getting hurt. I find it insulting. I've seen those phrases elsewhere too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,276,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):
1) ''You can't turn a sloot into a housewife'' or ''You can't wife-up a sloot''
2) ''Bros before sloots''

I wonder how much do they actually believe that? I would be offended if I was dating a man with that mentality. While I've only been with 1 man in my life whom I still talk to (my ex bf), I have no interest in becoming just a housewife (I'm currently paying for my classes; very much career oriented for now) and finding out that's the only reason he marry me. I'm not an object nor property to be wife-up either. i'm a person that decides if I want to be with that man or not. If I said no, then he can't do anything about it.

Secondly, if he would have his friends in first place then why is he even dating me? There should be no preferences. Wouldn't both me and his friends come in first place? I wouldn't want to be considered last. This would lead me to believe that if his friends invented a lie about me and it was absolutely false, he would believe them 100% and break up with me. I would obviously be very hurt and never want him in my life again.

I know. I shouldn't have read that but I was curious in seeing how they talk to each other. Those two phrases I would have a very hard time not getting hurt. I find it insulting. I've seen those phrases elsewhere too.
It's guy talk...AKA BS. I wouldn't and don't put much stock into what men say to each other about their relationships and women.

Don't take it so personally.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It's guy talk...AKA BS. I wouldn't and don't put much stock into what men say to each other about their relationships and women.

Don't take it so personally.
I know but I get the feeling many truly feel that way but won't say it to their girl for obvious reason; she'll basically dump him right away. But that intention and belief is there.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:59 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,276,179 times
Quote:
I know but I get the feeling many truly feel that way but won't say it in their gf's face for obvious reason; she'll basically dump him right away. But that intention and belief is there.
The belief for most men is only there when they are surrounded by other men talking the same way.

Boys will be boys. Got to learn to pick your battles. If he treats you well and with respect, don't worry about what he says when he is with his guy friends. The influence of men who are single or struggling with dating will often times make men in successful relationships downplay their own. If you are a confident women who is confident in her relationship, you should know if your man is just shooting s*it with his buddies or he actually feels this way about you.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,230,264 times
Why would you find it insulting if you're not a sloot?

They're probably not making a general comment about all women (just sloots) besides, guys in those forums are just ridiculous and not indicative of how all men talk.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:04 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,209,527 times
Its all male chest pumping bs. And if those guys lived by that mentality I'm sure that the women they are seeing have the self esteem of a rock.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Quote:
the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum
What did you expect? Of course it's pure machismo in there.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 AM

2,447 posts, read 3,568,467 times
Quote:
I know but I get the feeling many truly feel that way but won't say it to their girl for obvious reason; she'll basically dump him right away. But that intention and belief is there.
OK look, I was the captain of my football team when i was 21(youngest allowed was 20, oldest player was around 35 y.o.) , and locker-room talk is good for team morale, and yes 99% of it is pure BS. Guys talking stuff about each others moms and sisters, having stupid slogans like "bros be fore hoes", "real men shave their balls with chainsaws" whatever. It's all in good fun. It's not like anyone actually believed our QB would down 30 women on a slow Tuesday...

You might love your future husband/boyfriend, and he might love you very much in turn. But if he tells his friend "bros before hoes" he's probably talking about his friend being a doormat who should man-up and not be a wuss, not so much about himself rather being with his friend than with you. (equally if his friends tell him, it means they think he should stop doing everything you say, and start having his own mind)
But the thing is when he's with his friends he is theirs, and when he is with you he is yours... otherwise he can never be a true friend to them and a true husband/boyfriend to you.

The "bros before hoes" term also applies to not trying to steal each others women, etc of course...

Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why would you find it insulting if you're not a sloot?
No, I'm not but neither I'm I an object nor maid. Something better could have been ''You can't change a sloot into a respectful girl''.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
They're probably not making a general comment about all women (just sloots) besides, guys in those forums are just ridiculous and not indicative of how all men talk.
Yeah, it's like they were venting out or something since I'm willing to bet their relationship wouldn't last longer if they talk that way to the girl.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,199,955 times
The bodybuilding forum is not a good representation of the general population (just like this forum isn't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships