Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM

542 posts, read 692,085 times

Advertisements

I suppose the bracelet should come with instructions for polite rejection, like saying, "Why thank you, but no" and polite responses to rejection like, "Have a nice day." Doesn't need to be awkward or make either party feel bad. What if a man saw two women, both wearing bracelets and in hearing distance of each other, and only approached one?

I'd like it if there were a "No, not available" bracelet. That would be clearer.

And then people can just swap bracelets really fast when they see someone they like/don't like...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
So ... do you wear it to work all day, in meetings, so everyone can see your "status" right there on your wrist?

Or do you take it off and then your put it on whenever you go outside and you MIGHT see a love interest??

Bad idea, too much work.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
I suppose the bracelet should come with instructions for polite rejection, like saying, "Why thank you, but no" and polite responses to rejection like, "Have a nice day." Doesn't need to be awkward or make either party feel bad. What if a man saw two women, both wearing bracelets and in hearing distance of each other, and only approached one?

I'd like it if there were a "No, not available" bracelet. That would be clearer.

And then people can just swap bracelets really fast when they see someone they like/don't like...
Double sided bracelets?

Time to go into business as a competitor, assuming no patents or trademarks.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:33 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Isn't this essentially what the claddaugh rings have been worn as? I always thought if the heart was facing away, they were available, if it was facing towards them, their heart was taken.

I never had one though--maybe I'm mistaken.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Isn't this essentially what the claddaugh rings have been worn as? I always thought if the heart was facing away, they were available, if it was facing towards them, their heart was taken.

I never had one though--maybe I'm mistaken.
No you are right. I have them.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post

I have one of those. It's called a wedding ring. Still doesn't always work!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I have one of those. It's called a wedding ring. Still doesn't always work!
Doesn't apply to unmarried people.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nah it's stupid. Neat idea as far as knowing who the heck is single. But if you are in your 30's its rather lame.
Exactly!

Lets just stick to showing more cleavage when single and we will leave it at that.

What?? Awe come one!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Most of the fear of rejection, in my view, is NOT about being dismissed on account of presenting a bad suit (being unattractive, boring, speaking inarticulately, smelling badly, etc.) but in potentially intruding upon the space of a person who is either already in a relationship, or who does not wish to enter into one. Cold-approach is crude because it violates personal space. It’s crude and uncouth for the same reason that a stock-broker cold-calling potential clients is crude and uncouth. Maybe those persons whom he is called really do have spare money to invest and really are looking for financial advice, but to disturb their privacy is, well, boorish and intrusive. But what if investors were walking around with a sign that said, “I have money sitting in a savings-account earning 0% interest. Tell me about your family of mutual funds!” Then a cold-call by a stock broker would be perfectly acceptable.

I have no qualms over being summarily dismissed by a woman who does not find me to be attractive. I definitely have qualms over annoying a woman who does not wish to be annoyed.

So whereas a $9 bracelet is corny and the presentation is jejune, and sounds like the standard American pop-culture business hustle, the underlying idea is perfectly valid.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:21 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
I'd feel kinda lame wearing it, and also what's when you've been wearing it for a long time, it's kind of like having outdated condoms...
let's say i'd wear one for as long as I'm sexually active but not in a relationship,
is'nt it kinda odd to wear one of them for like 7 years as it would be in my case, I'd feel kinda embarrassed letting everyone around me know I can't get any women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships