Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:04 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times

Advertisements

educationally and occupationally smarter not too bad but interpersonally smarter (ie more worldly and manipulative via sensing the "weak spot"), heck no. unfortunately there can also be an overlap. i don't consider myself a chauvanist but i also don't like someone who's always "winning". ive had enough of that from same sex peer relationships and coworkers and it sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post
Hello, to the men on this forum,

if you had a choice would you prefer a woman who was just as smart as you or a woman who was smarter then you?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9052BK-AFO-II-AUTO View Post
Some of the smartest are a real smartass........
That's part of our charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9052BK-AFO-II-AUTO View Post
Same here, always having a woman correcting you on spelling errors or use of improper grammar is such a drag and not sexy.
Yes, well, a man confusing "then" and "than," as the OP did, as well as "its" and "it's," "your" and "you're," and "there," "their" and "they're," is pretty unappealing. If he can't master fourth-grade English, and English is his first language, he flunks automatically in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I dated a woman once who was much smarter than I was. She had multiple degrees. The problem was, she made sure I never forgot it. I remember once, we'd arrived at the same conclusion at the same time about something, and I said, "Great minds think alike."
She responded, "My mind is greater, because I have a master's degree from Johns-Hopkins."

Needless to say, we didn't last very long before I pulled the plug.
Funny thing, though, in spite of all her book learnin', I still used to smoke her when watched Jeopardy.
I can't blame you. It sounds like she was book-smart but a social moron.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 PM

156 posts, read 260,275 times
i prefer a woman who is smarter,

but she must match that with plenty of ambition and drive, because whats the point of being smart if she's not going to do anything with it?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
So are guys handing out IQ tests on the first date to give them some intelligence metrics to determine if women are datable?

I looked for intellectual compatability. I enjoy the company of women I can have interesting conversations with on just about any topic. Whether they are ultimately more, equal, or less "intelligent" isn't really the point (and it can be so hard to quantify since people can be more or less intelligent in different ways and/or topics).

Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times
[quote=MichaelOrear;31263156]Hello, to the men on this forum,

if you had a choice would you prefer a woman who was just as smart as you or a woman who was smarter then you?

Thanks[/quote She better be smarter than me or we are trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships