Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM

415 posts, read 599,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Because rich celebrities are always a good example of everyday real life.
Breaking news: rich celebrities are real people!

They go through the same thing as normal people:
--drug addiction
--age discrimination from their employers
--money problems
--arrests
--marital problems
--alcoholism
--aging
--wanting to have families
--retiring from their job
--wanting to be alone
--feeling misunderstood

Etcetera! Rich celebrities go through all the above. And so do normal people. How bout that, huh? Learn something new everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
Breaking news: rich celebrities are real people!

They go through the same thing as normal people:
--drug addiction
--age discrimination from their employers
--money problems
--arrests
--marital problems
--alcoholism
--aging
--wanting to have families
--retiring from their job
--wanting to be alone
--feeling misunderstood

Etcetera! Rich celebrities go through all the above. And so do normal people. How bout that, huh? Learn something new everyday.
Yes, and they are also tremendously wealthy and famous. How about that?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, and they are also tremendously wealthy and famous. How about that?
They are not always tremendously wealthy and famous. The most famous celebrity right now can be old news by Christmas time. They can also lose a significant amount of money within a short time. Paula Deen has lost over $12 million dollars in endorsements from a scandal that happened just a few months ago.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:43 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I was thinking he should sign up for bocce ball or shuffleboard, myself.

Damn! And I had such high hopes.

FTFY

But what do I know? My SO is 10 years younger than I am.

And hot.

So much for your theory.
...of course your SO just paid for a lap dance.

But the rest of your relationship appears to be going swell!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
They are not always tremendously wealthy and famous. The most famous celebrity right now can be old news by Christmas time. They can also lose a significant amount of money within a short time. Paula Deen has lost over $12 million dollars in endorsements from a scandal that happened just a few months ago.
You really don't understand that if Alec Baldwin and Hugh Hefner weren't rich and famous that they would have a totally different pool of women to choose from? If you don't - then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
You really don't understand that if Alec Baldwin and Hugh Hefner weren't rich and famous that they would have a totally different pool of women to choose from? If you don't - then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you!
Wait, are you trying to say that a 55-year-old Alec Baldwin, Certified Public Accountant in Poughkeepsie wouldn't be banging a 20-something yoga instructor? Say it ain't so, Dew.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Wait, are you trying to say that a 55-year-old Alec Baldwin, Certified Public Accountant in Poughkeepsie wouldn't be banging a 20-something yoga instructor? Say it ain't so, Dew.
Let's go back to the original post and my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
There is a way of expressing your preferences that doesn't insult half the people here. Consider your audience.

And for the record, I'd say the same thing to him if I were 25. In fact, I'd tell him to go play in his own sandbox and probably call him "Dad" or "Gramps" while I was at it, because the sorry fact for you mid-life crisis types is that most 25-year-old women don't want saggy balls.

Oops, was that too blunt?
Quote:
Tell that to Alec Baldwin and Hilaria Thomas.
Lilac said most 25-year-old women don't want men 10+ their senior. But she's wrong. Many 20-somethings choose older men because they are financially stable and well-off compared to men their age who aren't. I used Alec Baldwin because he is a recent and famous example. I could have easily stated, "Well, I know a 20-something chick who is with this 50-something guy and they..." but I didn't want to give an anecdotal story. I wanted a real live story I could present.

Deny it all you want, but young women dating men who are 10 years or more their senior is common. Otherwise, you wouldn't have such a huge problem with it.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Let's go back to the original post and my response:

Lilac said most 25-year-old women don't want men 10+ their senior. But she's wrong. Many 20-somethings choose older men because they are financially stable and well-off compared to men their age who aren't. I used Alec Baldwin because he is a recent and famous example. I could have easily stated, "Well, I know a 20-something chick who is with this 50-something guy and they..." but I didn't want to give an anecdotal story. I wanted a real live story I could present.

Deny it all you want, but young women dating men who are 10 years or more their senior is common. Otherwise, you wouldn't have such a huge problem with it.
No - it's not common. It happens but it's not common. That's what we are trying to say. There are male posters who agree with that as well. As a 50 year old male - it's not going to be common to have women in their 20's throwing themselves at you.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,607 times
Whoa. I wasn't expecting this! Ok, let me just try and fill in some gaps..

Actually, I'm married and have been for 26 years. I have two sons, one just turned 18, the other is 22. I wasn't looking to date anybody, but I admit that I enjoy the mental fantasy of "what if" when a woman shows interest in me. But as much as I sometimes like how a young 25 something looks, I doubt I would ever want to pursue anything with them even if I were single. I imagine the youngest I could go is 30 and that's really pushing it. Ideally, I love 40 year olds as long as they don't let themselves go. Even some 50+ year olds I met were great.

The initial attention I get from younger girls is flattering, but their dismissal of me immediately after does sting. It's the real indicator that my age is closing doors for me. I'm as strong as I ever wax, I'm no dumber, and I feel no difference in my mind or my body from when I was 25. But I look different. And this means I really will never, for the rest of my days, have a young woman that feels pure lust for me. Does it ultimately matter? No. But still..

But this is all just a mental trip. I love my wife, I'm not looking to cheat now. I didn't before when I had many more opprtunities as a younger man. My post was just an obsetvation, nothing more

Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trundle View Post
I disagree, there is PLENTY "wrong" with almost all US women in their 40's and 50's. (and many in their 30's, too). They are totally hung up with their kids (and grandkids) They are fat, they smoke and drink, they are tattoed, they are dopers, they carry a lot of baggage from past relationships, they are typical,arrogant, lazy, clueless, entitled Americans.
We should kill them all!!! Down with American women! They suck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships