Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 PM

206 posts, read 254,731 times

Advertisements

Emotionally detached women are at high risk.

You can only tell a woman "I love you" so many times and get nothing in return...

You can only go to the basement to beat off so many times because she falls asleep watching E.

You can only go out to get something to eat so many times cuz she cooks like s***.

Not saying it's right, but I'd explore that avenue if I was the woman WONDERING.

I know guys who haven't touched their wives in years.

She won't even let them kiss her.

Here's YOUR SIGN!!

*Bonk*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post

You can only tell a woman "I love you" so many times and get nothing in return...

You can only go to the basement to beat off so many times because she falls asleep watching E.

You can only go out to get something to eat so many times cuz she cooks like s***.

Not saying it's right, but I'd explore that avenue if I was the woman WONDERING.

I know guys who haven't touched their wives in years.

She won't even let them kiss her.

Here's YOUR SIGN!!

*Bonk*

that's depressing lol

Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 PM

206 posts, read 254,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
that's depressing lol
Funny too! lol

I'm creative. lol

Old 09-15-2013, 03:18 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Poverty is not a 100 percent effective deterrent but it is the most effective deterrent.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to convey here. I could find you a million welfare mothers who have been cheated on, but I'm guessing that's not your intent?

Men (generally) tend to cheat when they feel unappreciated in the relationship. Of course there are exceptions, the guy with the overdeveloped ego, the guy who loves the chase etc. etc. Those types will cheat on nearly ANY woman they are involved with.

Women (generally) tend to cheat when they feel an emotional disconnect from their partner. Again, plenty of exceptions there also.

There really isn't a 'foolproof' deterrent, because that would be an external factor. Cheating is, and always will be, an internal decision.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
How do you know if someone is a cheater until they cheat on you? This is why I never understood the "well don't date cheaters" argument

Old 09-16-2013, 06:26 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
How do you know if someone is a cheater until they cheat on you? This is why I never understood the "well don't date cheaters" argument
The character and integrity they show in the rest of their life.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The character and integrity they show in the rest of their life.
That might help you weed out some sketchy types, but I doubt it really makes a huge difference.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because all sorts of people get cheated on. Attractive ones/ugly ones, Rich people poor people, people who are very clingy to their partner/people who are distant etc.

So my question is do you think there is any type of effective deterrent to cheating?
Treat your partner with respect. Do the maintenance. Too many men and women get married and think their obligation to keep the fire going ends there. There are people who cheat because they can and there are those who cheat because their needs are not being met. We don't commit to stop being intimate. Short of illness on my end, I would fully expect my partner to stray if I didn't do my part.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:54 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
There's two options:

Stop giving a toss about whether your SO cheats

Choose someone who isn't likely to cheat

Lock them in your basement and never let them out

None are guaranteed, but hey, take it or leave it.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post

So having a wife who can't cook leads men to cheat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships