Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati9 View Post
We met up for a casual date at the end of that week, last Friday night. Just met at a restaurant/bar, sat outside and had drinks and talked. Things seemed to go great, easy conversation, more flirty talk, and just lots of laughs. Closed the restaurant out (neither of us drank much) and as I walked her to her car we had a nice goodnight kiss.

She texted me the next morning, back to our funny texting, and decide to meet up for another date that night (Saturday night). We meet up at a bar, have drinks, lots of physical contact (she'd rub my leg or hand, I'd do same) and we eventually left bar to walk around downtown where we were to decide on a place to eat. I reached out to hold her hand, she happily went along with it. We grabbed a bite, and then walked around downtown by the river and just talked...funny stuff mixed with some personal history...just easy conversation, all the while holding hands, hugging, or kissing (she'd reach over and kiss me on the cheek now and again), by end of the night we were kissing pretty intensely here and there too. Overall just a great night and we finally went our separate ways late.
here are my 2cents:

--yes you are overthinking it, she just could be occupied with something else, but....

--frankly i don't know about this cheek pecking and "kissing pretty intensely here and there too." you need to learn how to make out with a women to get her hot and horny. sounds like this girl/woman is looking to learn a few things about physical intimacy (sexual discovery phase??)

--worst mistake is this: she took the lead in the kissing. she is teaching you, she made the first move, royal turn off for women.

--also, you don't build relationships with text, it's person to person (face to face).

finally, how old are you? did you write this up as if you're over 21??? this sounds like total high school puppy love except for the bar/drinking part.

Last edited by nokiddin; 09-09-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Women don't like needy guys anymore than guys like needy women. You've been out a handful of times. You barely know each other. It's nice to make a connection and have a good time with someone, but I always have gotten myself into trouble in the past by getting attached too soon. I would leave her alone at this point. Maybe she just wants some time to herself especially if her dad is sick. I am a person who needs my alone time, maybe this girl is the same. All you can do is back off. You've made it known you'd like to see her, and trust me, if she wants to see you she'll make it happen. You'll only make it worse if you continue to push her and hint around you want to see her.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
You're post was so long I'm gunna guess and say, "yes. You are overanalyzing this.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 AM

211 posts, read 373,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You're post was so long I'm gunna guess and say, "yes. You are overanalyzing this.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:10 PM

4 posts, read 26,512 times
Thanks guys!

You totally got me funymann...I realized afterwards that I went Mod snip. in my own head with all this and have backed of over the weekend. She still texts me (I let her text first), and I respond after awhile with something brief and funny, but our rate of texting has decreased considerably over the first week. I figure that if she hasn't mentioned doing something near the weekend, I'll ask her to do something, if she doesn't go with it, I'll just back off more and keep in touch but focus on others.

And thanks for your input nokiddin, I actually initiated all the physical contact from hugs, to kissing, to making out...the her kissing my cheek part was just to show she responded on her own too. And we're both experienced in our early 30s.

It's ironic cause I cut if off with a girl not too long ago who I didn't feel a spark with and played the whole thing really cool (since I was unsure of my interest) from start to finish and she ended up really liking me. I'm usually pretty laid back but I got to admit this new girl kind of surprised and dazzled me and I ended up going Mod snip. for a bit. Anyhow, thanks all!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-10-2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati9 View Post
Thanks guys!

You totally got me funymann...I realized afterwards that I went Snip. in my own head with all this and have backed of over the weekend. She still texts me (I let her text first), and I respond after awhile with something brief and funny, but our rate of texting has decreased considerably over the first week. I figure that if she hasn't mentioned doing something near the weekend, I'll ask her to do something, if she doesn't go with it, I'll just back off more and keep in touch but focus on others.

And thanks for your input nokiddin, I actually initiated all the physical contact from hugs, to kissing, to making out...the her kissing my cheek part was just to show she responded on her own too. And we're both experienced in our early 30s.

It's ironic cause I cut if off with a girl not too long ago who I didn't feel a spark with and played the whole thing really cool (since I was unsure of my interest) from start to finish and she ended up really liking me. I'm usually pretty laid back but I got to admit this new girl kind of surprised and dazzled me and I ended up going Snip. for a bit. Anyhow, thanks all!

okay, and please excuse my wrong call on the age issues.

so she in her 30s, huh??? it probably relates more to what she is looking for, at that age women pretty much have laser like focus on who they want to end up with, nothing like "we'll see how it goes" for sure.

and that Mod snip. bit, that's a good sign unless you were just having the hots for her and she knows you aren't commitment ready. but i wouldn't worry about trying to figure out. it's no hope, women flake often, you just have build the emotional connection with them while you guys are hanging out. good luck!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-10-2013 at 05:42 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 AM

4 posts, read 26,512 times
Thanks nokiddin, no harm no foul, I did get pretty silly in the head for awhile there anyways.

I thought it was a positive thing too that I was kind of dazzled by her and by the fact she seemed to be dazzled by me. After recently dating and then calling it off with girls that just didn't hold my deeper interest, it was refreshing to hangout with a girl that sparked almost immediately. Seeing her 3 out of 4 days is definitely not my normal way of doing things, but it was a mutual thing that we both kind of went after at the time.

Only thing that threw me for a loop was how strong we (and she) came on over a sustained amount of time, and how she's suddenly dialed it back so much. She still texts me, so I guess that's a good sign, but frequency and flirtiness has dropped quite a bit.

Anyhow, not my first rodeo so I know how girls that seem to come on strong can suddenly just fade out for no particular reason I can know. Just part of the game. I'll keep my name in it, but won't really try anymore, let her make a move if she wants, otherwise that's that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships