Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There are plenty of women who go out specifically to get hit on and flirt or hook up. Plenty. But NOT ALL OF THEM DO.

That's the point, which is just impossible for some guys to get.
It goes both ways, some girls assume that because a guy is at the club and staring in her direction he must want her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Yeah, I went out in a pair of jeans and a high cut loose tshirt with no makeup on, glasses and my hair in a ponytail to get hit on. Yep. That's exactly what I did.

I'm sorry you just can't fathom it, but some women don't like being bothered. I was there to hang out with my sister and cousin and get free drinks because there were several clubs that had free drink specials., that was it.

And having a drunk guy dressed like some Jersey Shore reject stumble up to me and say 'nice ****' isn't exactly something I'm going to blush and giggle over.
Going to a meat market atmosphere and expecting to not have to deal with the associated attitudes and behaviors found there is a bit ridiculous though. It's a nightclub, not a Starbucks.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM

13 posts, read 24,382 times
Quote:
Yeah, I went out in a pair of jeans and a high cut loose tshirt with no makeup on, glasses and my hair in a ponytail to get hit on. Yep. That's exactly what I did.

I'm sorry you just can't fathom it, but some women don't like being bothered. I was there to hang out with my sister and cousin and get free drinks because there were several clubs that had free drink specials., that was it.

And having a drunk guy dressed like some Jersey Shore reject stumble up to me and say 'nice ****' isn't exactly something I'm going to blush and giggle over.

You are right jetjockey but then again if you hang out in a slaughter house dont be surprised if someone comes at you with a meat cleaver....loosely translated, if you put yourself in that kind of environment you can pretty much expect to get hit on by d**che bags. If you (or any girl) does not like being bothered why go there.....why not just find a more laid back (adult) place with free drinks. BTW jersey shore reject...Good one, that was funny.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM

40 posts, read 130,285 times
Quote:

What "clubs" let you in dressed like that?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisenberg5750 View Post
Dress codes are usually meant for dudes. Ladies can get away with a lot more.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Going to a meat market atmosphere and expecting to not have to deal with the associated attitudes and behaviors found there is a bit ridiculous though. It's a nightclub, not a Starbucks.
Oh, I totally expected it...but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept their advances because of the situation. I said no thank you, and if they tried to touch me or do anything more I got a little meaner about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvs2pt76 View Post
You are right jetjockey but then again if you hang out in a slaughter house dont be surprised if someone comes at you with a meat cleaver....loosely translated, if you put yourself in that kind of environment you can pretty much expect to get hit on by d**che bags. If you (or any girl) does not like being bothered why go there.....why not just find a more laid back (adult) place with free drinks. BTW jersey shore reject...Good one, that was funny.
It was Vegas and I was staying on the strip...so I definitely expected it. I didn't go to Vegas to sit in a quiet bar downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisenberg5750 View Post
Let's see...Chateau at Paris, 1 Oak at the Mirage, Koi at Planet Hollywood and Haze at the Aria. The only one that didn't let me in was Pure at Caesars Palace...but I threw on a dress and got in the next night

Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
I found most bars and clubs were sausage fests where the women were ultra picky. It was noisy and expensive and never yielded any results.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 PM

211 posts, read 373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I found most bars and clubs were sausage fests where the women were ultra picky. It was noisy and expensive and never yielded any results.
What city was this?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM

211 posts, read 373,234 times
Quote:

Let's see...Chateau at Paris, 1 Oak at the Mirage, Koi at Planet Hollywood and Haze at the Aria. The only one that didn't let me in was Pure at Caesars Palace...but I threw on a dress and got in the next night
You went to the worst clubs in vegas!! But pure is cool because they play music from my high school days, althought the crowd is

Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Exchange View Post
What city was this?
anchorage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships