Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
Do you think there is anything inherently immoral about men trying to have sex with as many women as possible and bragging about it to their friends, seeing it as a contest?

I asked my boyfriend if he thinks there's something immoral about that, and he said no, as long as the women are consenting to the sex. I feel he is a real slimeball for not seeing anying bad about that picture.

For me, it's bad because it makes women into nothing but objects in their mind, it means they don't care anything about who they are as a person and just want to use them to add to their 'nailed her' collection for bragging rights. The fact my boyfriend doesn't see anything negative about this as I do, would you say he's a slimeball? Should I leave him?
There's nothing wrong with some people viewing sex as something special and ohters viewing it as casual fun. As for bragging and contests I don't really like that, I think it's kind of degrading and treating hte other person as a conquest. That said simply sleeping with a lot of people I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the person is upfront with people and everything is consensual.

You can sleep around and be a "player" for lack of a better word without being a dick and a jerk. News flash, women like sex too and some women are bigger players than guys. Just because a guy sleeps with girl doesn't mean she doesn't repsect herself or he's taking advantage of her.

I guess basically my answer is nothing wrong with sleeping around though personally I dont like the whole bragging about it part. Someone can sleep around and still treat people with respect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 01:40 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
How is this discussion still going on?(and by that I don't mean this thread, i mean the controversy as such)

She gets to use his body, he gets to use hers.
He gets to brag about it after, she gets to brag about if after.
She can chose her religion, he can chose his religion
His religion can be against, her religion can be against
she can chose to ignore that, he can chose to ignore that

In what way exactly is either of them doing anything immoral at all?

Last edited by SwedishViking; 09-10-2013 at 01:49 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
For me it is hard to have casual sex without there being this feeling of I am about to do something wrong? issue is not talking to woman but just trying to find a FWB or hook up without the little voice in my head saying sex should be with a girl your in love with do not have to be married or any thing just in a bf/gf relationship and love one an other.

it suck i wish i could have sex with any girl that wanted it . BTW i am not religious so it not that.
I come from a similar base and understand exactly what your saying but it is mostly societal conditioning which says you have to feel guilty about non-marital sex. Some of this is practical and some religous driven, even if you are not a religous person thats where it comes from. As two consenting responsable adults there should be no guilt associated with sex whatsoever. I was brought up in a somewhat religous environment so I see where some of this guilt comes from. The hypocracy of most all religous institutions is so great it almost incourages people to disregard the guilt applied to sex amongst many other things that organized religian does wrong.

Back to the topic:
Personally, I would be fine with having sex with as many women as possible if it was out of this world mind blowing sex every time. Fortunately or unfortunately I have only known a couple of women who were able to rock my world like that. It could definately not get to that level in a ONS or short term relationship so "as many girls a possible" to me is out.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Morals are individual dependant.

I'd not do it, but I'd also not have a personal issue with someone else doing it. (2 consenting adults in private =not my business)

Sounds like what your BF is saying.

Up to you if you think he and I are slime balls and don't want to talk to us.

A question though: are the women slime balls also?

I totally agree with your BF.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
How is this discussion still going on?(and by that I don't mean this thread, i mean the controversy as such)

Generally speaking I agree with you.

The problem is if one person is "using" and the other isn't, or one person is bragging and the other thought it was a private thing, etc. It may not be immoral, per se, but it can be pretty problematic when two people aren't on the same page, and aren't communicating that to each other. This can happen pretty often with young people, particularly given how the genders are socialized to view sexuality differently.

At a certain point, if one person knows they're not on the same page, but continues to let the other person believe they are, it's dishonest, and the dishonesty can be called immoral.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post

Referring to bolded portions above: not that physical intimacy in and of itself is unconditionally and always morally wrong, but where is the sense of actual love between both partners, though?

For example, it would appear to me on first glance after initially reading the quoted statements above, that none of those things have anything to do with real and genuine love and affection, in any way?

Personally, if it were me, I would have absolutely zero interest at all in being hypothetically intimate (with any woman), if I didn't at the very least feel some sort of affectionate, loving, and caring feelings of attachment, to her?

Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,777 times
<grumble> 12 pages - minimal "how to" content <grumble> deceptive subject/title wording <grumble> OP should profess to being a huge Paula Poundstone fan to new suitors <grumble> sure hope people here find my post humorous <wink>

Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Do you think there is anything inherently immoral about men trying to have sex with as many women as possible and bragging about it to their friends, seeing it as a contest?

I asked my boyfriend if he thinks there's something immoral about that, and he said no, as long as the women are consenting to the sex. I feel he is a real slimeball for not seeing anying bad about that picture.

For me, it's bad because it makes women into nothing but objects in their mind, it means they don't care anything about who they are as a person and just want to use them to add to their 'nailed her' collection for bragging rights. The fact my boyfriend doesn't see anything negative about this as I do, would you say he's a slimeball? Should I leave him?
Men are not women. They have a biological and psychological need to screw as many women as they can. That's just how it is, get over it. Your BF is not a slimeball, he's a man.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Men are not women. They have a biological and psychological need to screw as many women as they can. That's just how it is, get over it. Your BF is not a slimeball, he's a man.
Not all men are like this...as a man, I personally only want *one* woman, "The One". Only and just her. No one else, and not interested in being intimate with other women.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:

It is one of those things that isn't immoral in theory, but almost always is in practice.

The number of men who are interested in having lots of casual sex is huge; the number of women interested in having lots of casual sex is considerably smaller. So how do men who manage to have lots of casual sex with lots of different women usually pull it off? By lying. That is the immoral part.

Let me let you in on a little secret: most men would love to have sex with as many women as they could, if it were actually possible. You're boyfriend is not a slimeball. He is perfectly normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships