Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
I would to know why many women think it's wierd, disgusting, gross to sleep with men 15 years and more older. They could be their father etc. Some women even think that way with a 10 year gap. But when it comes to celebrities, it doesn't matter anymore. Know many women who wouldn't kick Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. or Ian Somerhalder out of the bed if they get the chance. The age gap is up to 30 years in those cases. So what's the difference. They are celebs but still way older. Does the status celebs have overcome all their moral values?
Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr are hot for their age (no idea who the third guy is). That is why many younger women would consider them, not to mention they are famous. The average 50 year old man doesn't look like them. No I wouldn't sleep with a man old enough to be my father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,264,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dam, wish I was 35
I'd make you my exception

Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM

82 posts, read 351,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr are hot for their age (no idea who the third guy is). That is why many younger women would consider them, not to mention they are famous. The average 50 year old man doesn't look like them. No I wouldn't sleep with a man old enough to be my father.
Aren't Johnny and Robert in the age range of your father?

I ask this question because I'm 27. It often happens that I meet women wo are in their early 20s (20-23). We click well, everything is alright, we even kiss. But than she asks how old I'm. I say 27 and for not a few ones it's too old and they break eveything up. I mean common. Would I be a famous celeb, I could be 20 years older and it wouldn't matter.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,396,200 times
So go become a rich, handsome famous actor. Problem solved.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:

I ask this question because I'm 27. It often happens that I meet women wo are in their early 20s (20-23). We click well, everything is alright, we even kiss. But than she asks how old I'm. I say 27 and for not a few ones it's too old and they break eveything up. I mean common. Would I be a famous celeb, I could be 20 years older and it wouldn't matter.
That's because you're dating 20-23yo women.

If you were 33 and dating 26-30yo women? This would NEVER happen.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,541,527 times
this age difference topic is all logical/social standards b.s., what matters more is how you connect, enjoy each other's company, and if there is any emotional spark.

on saturday i went out with a 23yo super cutie and i'm in my 40s. she was the most innocent, sweet, and well mannered person and this was her first exploration in dating an older "gentleman" (and no, this is not a "business arrangement"). to be honest with you, it was the first time i felt like i was "dating someone my daughthers age", and i even maybe older than her dad. dunno. but it was such a great time!!!! and for both of us. it was one of those situations where you knew it was oh so so wrong that's it's gotta be right! haha and i told her that the only way it's going to work is if we had a secret relationship because everyone would disapprove. and she is totally game for it. we tried getting together yesterday but couldn't make it happen. this morning she sends me this.... do you think the age difference bugs her

Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think it depends on the person's behavior, too.

If a guy is older and he's free-spirited, fun, and interesting... along with good looking and in good shape? I think he's got a good chance with younger women.

If he's an old fogey or comes across like a lecherous old man?

Nope. Not so much.
that's my situation but i don't think i use the word free-spirited... sounds like "this is the dawn of aquarious" talk. lol

but you are on the money for sure.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,349,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You just said it.. "benefits"

Not all benefits are monetary.

This is why people date older people sometimes. They just find themselves attracted to them, are more compatible with them (for whatever reason), and that's that.

You cannot find a universal reason for it. It does not exist.
Already repped you for another post in this thread, thought this^ was especially well put, too.

There's no single/global reason why any two people (who happen to differ in a number of ways,
be it older/younger or something else) are drawn to each other.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM

despite what many say that "most younger women don't date older men" or find them ewww, the reality is that guys in their 20s are still trying to get their education, career, and financial stability together, along with their relationship skills. older guys (>30) have much of this down without the drama involved in getting their act together. and most older guys know what they want and aren't playing the field (or hide it better), are more marriage minded, and in general are more confident and secure in their manlihood and have interesting lifestyles besides bar hopping and clubbing. and many younger women at least want the experience of dating an older guy for experimental purposes. blame it on Mr. Big (sex and the city) or Richard (friends show--monica being involved with her dad's friend). not all of course, but it's not uncommon. think about it, when a young woman is attractive, all men find her attractive, so why wouldn't she be curious.

also, what i found not as appealing in my 20s in a women, i have no problem with when i was older. there are many average looking young women that still want to date and although they are not turning the heads of their peers, they discover that many older guys do find them physically attractive. and a woman wants men to be physically attracted to her. she doesn't want dud sex, she wants hot sex. so if an older guy is hot for her, she will take it if there other guys just find her average looking.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:

27 is too old for 20. She can't even have a beer legally yet. At 21, she is probably still in college. If you were 37 and they were 30 or 31, that would be different, but early 20s is a completely different stage of life than 27. They are still finding out who they are and what they want out of life, and many of them want their freedom to get their careers started, be able to move for a job if they find one they really like, go out with their friends, travel, etc. without feeling pressure by someone who has already had his "roaring 20s" and might want to settle down.

Stick with women closer to your age, who will most likely have gotten their wild younger days out of the way, as I am assuming you have. That's how most people are, at any rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships