Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

I'm 25 and I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
however you want to word it "encouragement" is just forcing the situation in to an ultimatum through manipulation.

when people do not make choices about specific things its often not because they do not know how to make decisions, its typically because they really do not care about "whatever" it is being put in front of them.
Right.

So you have to encourage, not manipulate.

I mean, say, "What is it you want to do here?" Them wait for him to decide. If he refuses then a hard look at his role taking will have to be brought up at a family meeting.

It's hard. I know. If the man does take the lead in paying the bill at dinner, driving around to pick you up when it's raining or holding the door you have to tell him how much you appreciate him taking the lead for you. He will hopefully see how much you enjoy having him do his role and this taking a lot of burden off of you for playing all the roles.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
I and only I control my destiny, relationship or no relationship.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 PM

111 posts, read 196,778 times
Always the man in any of my family.

When the woman quits hiding behind the bed when someone gets in, things might change.

Same as the creep down the road that always hits on her and bugs her.

Same as fixing everything and deciding whether that new auto is a POS or not.

No we aren't getting new carpet....this is only 2 years old.

Men are so p-whipped nowadays it's pathetic.

Ok, go down into the crawlspace and fix that sagging floor joist......(rats) (snakes) (coons) (possums) (spiders).......

Don't want to?

I'm the MAN........

Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT98 View Post
Always the man in any of my family.

When the woman quits hiding behind the bed when someone gets in, things might change.

Same as the creep down the road that always hits on her and bugs her.

Same as fixing everything and deciding whether that new auto is a POS or not.

No we aren't getting new carpet....this is only 2 years old.

Men are so p-whipped nowadays it's pathetic.

Ok, go down into the crawlspace and fix that sagging floor joist......(rats) (snakes) (coons) (possums) (spiders).......

Don't want to?

I'm the MAN........
Not in my family. The women are in charge. Lol

Old 09-09-2013, 09:33 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
We are 37. I am the woman. I don't know how to tell who "wears the pants" or whatever. There's never been a doghouse. No one sleeps on the couch out of anger. No one gives in... I don't really know. We just work to make decisions together. No one forces the other to do what we want, nor do we manipulate or blackmail the other to do what we want.

In my past relationship I was constantly in the doghouse, manipulated, tested, etc. It got old, fast. I have no desire to be on either end of that. I prefer a healthy relationship where 2 people can work together to solve an issue or make a decision. Is it really that hard? I did have a boyfriend who once flat out told me, "The women in my family are all bosses. They tell their men what to do. So that is what I want from you." He actually wanted me to tell him what to do, to have him "whipped" and everything! It's like he LIKED it. I hated it, I had to practically baby him. So I had both sides of the coin, hated them both.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM

111 posts, read 196,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Not in my family. The women are in charge. Lol
Well, when new vehicles come up and stuff like that it should be discussed. Where to put your 401k.....stuff like that.

It's only right and fair.

I'm referring to the things women don't or won't do, yet still wear the pants.

When I saw a guy at Sears begging to buy a tool.....that was enough for me.

Just get on your hands and knees and cry like a toddler why don't you.....you P****! lol

Old 09-09-2013, 09:40 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I've always been the head of the house for the past 37 years. I make the final decision when it comes to moving, spending money etc, but we always discuss, talk about it and make sure we're on the same page with the final decision, because the decisions affect us both. One time she vetoed a move and since the kids voted with her also, I gave in and let them have their way. Besides, they were right on that one. There better be give and take, compromise on both sides or its not going to work long term.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:40 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Mid/late 30s...and no one is "in charge."

Op, you ever stop to think your guy friends are smart just to ignore the ranting and raving and just "yes, dear" their way out of pointless conflict?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT98 View Post
Well, when new vehicles come up and stuff like that it should be discussed. Where to put your 401k.....stuff like that.

It's only right and fair.

I'm referring to the things women don't or won't do, yet still wear the pants.

When I saw a guy at Sears begging to buy a tool.....that was enough for me.

Just get on your hands and knees and cry like a toddler why don't you.....you P****! lol
I know. Lol I'm instigating you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships