Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,235 times

Advertisements

So my gf is currently really stressed out with school/legal issues and has to work while going to school full time. With that said, she mentioned how she likes to be alone during stressful times.

Her exact statement was "I need some space to figure things out and then we'll see in like a week or two"

My initial reaction, I laughed b/c it wasnt the first time a girl has said this to me(all ended bad).

She then told me it wasnt for that reason and that I'm her everything at this time/she wont know what she'd do without me. She also said how she's worried her stress will make me stress out and in turn, have me lash out on her. I told her that relationships are about being there for each other,etc.

Some shady behavior I've noticed

-checks her phone every 5 minutes
-saw her send texts to a guy she works with and then deleting them
-whenever i'm with her, she has this look of worry/something bothering and when i ask she says "i just have a million things running through my head right now"
-She started mentioning past experiences when she was single,etc so i asked if she missed her single life and she was like "yea, a little bit"

Affection wise, she's still there. Lots of kisses/sex/saying she loves me when we depart ways.

I plan on calling her after school today and drawing an ultimatum. From my experience, girls who are happy in their relationships NEVER mention "breaks/space" to their SO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 12:59 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Ultimatums are really bad.
But something is going on there.

If someone even mentions 'space' to me, I wave goodbye. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Let her take the break, but whatever you do, do not contact her under any circumstances whatsoever. Radio silence will show her that she doesn't have control for you. Taking a break is the kind of behavior that can justify breaking up with your GF.

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Add this to your vast "experience"...

people who give ultimatums rarely experience happy outcomes in their relationships.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
If I was happy I wouldn't ask for space however everyone is different. She's acting suspicious with the whole texting etc, if I had nothing to hide I wouldn't delete my message and wouldn't mind my SO seeing them.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM

702 posts, read 726,668 times
I don't do breaks. You either want to be with someone or not. If you are seeing someone too much maybe you can space things out. That's a thing. But a week is way too much to intentionally not see each other.

Last time someone pulled the break card on me I changed my status to single on facebook and deleted her from my phone. Permanent break.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM

211 posts, read 373,193 times
the first break is the beginning of the end. Call it quits now and save yourself from future bull****.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhason View Post
"I need some space to figure things out and then we'll see in like a week or two"
aka= I need time to be with someone else.

Ive never been proven wrong whenever I hear this. ime

Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhason View Post
So my gf is currently really stressed out with school/legal issues and has to work while going to school full time. With that said, she mentioned how she likes to be alone during stressful times.

Her exact statement was "I need some space to figure things out and then we'll see in like a week or two"

My initial reaction, I laughed b/c it wasnt the first time a girl has said this to me(all ended bad).

She then told me it wasnt for that reason and that I'm her everything at this time/she wont know what she'd do without me. She also said how she's worried her stress will make me stress out and in turn, have me lash out on her. I told her that relationships are about being there for each other,etc.

Some shady behavior I've noticed

-checks her phone every 5 minutes
-saw her send texts to a guy she works with and then deleting them
-whenever i'm with her, she has this look of worry/something bothering and when i ask she says "i just have a million things running through my head right now"
-She started mentioning past experiences when she was single,etc so i asked if she missed her single life and she was like "yea, a little bit"

Affection wise, she's still there. Lots of kisses/sex/saying she loves me when we depart ways.

I plan on calling her after school today and drawing an ultimatum. From my experience, girls who are happy in their relationships NEVER mention "breaks/space" to their SO.
Ha. Hahahah.

Listen dude do yourself a favour, forget the girls, start hitting the books and don't stop until you are qualified, genuine grown up.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Well dude, I understand where you're coming from.. and while you might be making the right decision.. if you mention anything CLOSE to the world ultimatum you're going to be the bad guy.

Word it differently. Chances are your suspicions are right, I've never seen someone ask for a break that isn't looking to cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend haha.

Do what you think is right, but don't do an ultimatum unless you want to make yourself look terrible. End it or go with it, but don't put the decision on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships