Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4530 View Post
I thought I gave a few good examples of some odd behavior. I wasn't expecting you to KNOW for SURE, just opinions. FFS.
Your examples were fine. It was all you observed and still hard for anyone to know EXACTLY what he's on, if anything. Really its something you need to discuss before jumping to really negative conclusions. May be a mild health issue he shouod medicate for but doesn't during the week due to the side effects. I have taken tests with psychologist and got diagnosed and prescribed adderall, however I rarely take it due to the side effects.

Speaking of.. is he able to eat ok while like this or barely eats? Adderall and ecstacy both suppress his appetite.

I suggest you be open minded and talk to him. Feel free to pm me after. If you post here you may get a lot of OMG RUN AWAY HE DID ADDERALL HE WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Viking View Post
I thought Adderall and other stimulants heightened sexual arousal and potency, but some of you say it causes ED. How would a stimulant cause ED?
I can't tell you scientifically but it can. I took adderall regularly for years and ecstacy probably 100x in my life. Both can easily cause it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
sounds more like an emotional/psychiatric issue than chemical to me

on the off chance it's coke (about half the symptoms match), have you ever felt any numbness after kissing him on your lips or anything like that? is his nose particularly stuffy?

have you noticed any teeth grinding or jaw clenching?

again though, i'd suspect another cause before drugs given what you say

Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Ecstasy is a party drug. Not really that beneficial if you just stay at home.

He would be more jumpy on coke or speed.

Most of the symptoms sound pretty normal. But if you FEEL there is something wrong, he might be on anti depressants or something? Legal or illegally?

Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM

147 posts, read 327,756 times
No appetite problems, that I can tell, and he's carrying probably an extra 15 lbs on him so he certainly doesn't look like a junkie.

No teeth clenching, jaw issues...

I think I'll just keep my eyes open, and if it happens again I will find a way to ask him about it.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Viking View Post
I thought Adderall and other stimulants heightened sexual arousal and potency, but some of you say it causes ED. How would a stimulant cause ED?

Adderall is not a sexual stimulant, and I believe a reason for that is because the blood goes towards your head and not toward the lower half of your body.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:51 PM

111 posts, read 196,760 times
Not drugs......

Trust ME on that....

Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
- be extremely loving and touchy feely, like overboard Like really, how overboard? Rubs against you like a cat?
- talk about God, the afterlife, and ghosts he has seen I've never heard of being into "spiritual" stuff a side effect of drugs
- he sometimes can't get it up Well, if he is not in good shape I've heard this can happen to guys his age.
- He is NOT slurring his words, does NOT have bloodshot eyes, does NOT wake up feeling horrible
- I don't see or smell anything when I come over (I know how pot smells)
- Some of what we discuss he can't remember a few days later Really? My husband and I go through this all the time on both sides
- He keeps some odd hours - up until 3AM some nights and sleeps late, yet isn't jumpy or hyper So do I, and I'm not on drugs

I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. I have a wild misspent youth, which involved a lot of various, non-legal substances and none of what you have above would indicate to me that he is on drugs.

I'm really surprised at the responses.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 AM

147 posts, read 327,756 times
^^^ As far as the touchy feely stuff, for one example, he was rubbing my cheek and told me he liked my eyebrows. Odd stufff, just odd. Not creepy, just odd.

Funny how potentially being on drugs mimics the signs of aging!! LOL.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Any thoughts?
of course he's doing "some kind of drug." you made it clear you both drink alcohol!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
So, I've been seeing a guy regularly for about 3 months. I'm noticing some odd behavior (different from how he normally acts) and I'd like to get some opinions. He is 47 and I am 41. We both drink alcohol socially. He has a good job and is completely 100% functional during the work week.

On occasion, he will do the following which is out of the norm:

- be extremely loving and touchy feely, like overboard
- talk about God, the afterlife, and ghosts he has seen
- he sometimes can't get it up
- He is NOT slurring his words, does NOT have bloodshot eyes, does NOT wake up feeling horrible
- I don't see or smell anything when I come over (I know how pot smells)
- Some of what we discuss he can't remember a few days later
- He keeps some odd hours - up until 3AM some nights and sleeps late, yet isn't jumpy or hyper

I am not wise to drug culture, but I feel something might be going on here other than just social drinking. I have not snooped to try to find any drug paraphanelia, but I'm thinking I may have to before I become even more invested in this relationship. It's just raising some big red flags for me.

Any thoughts?

If you think you HAVE to "Snoop" you need to get out of this relationship.
You already don't trust him so quit wasting his time and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships