Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times

Advertisements

I know when my ex gf's and ex wife cheated, never in my mind was I compelled to confront whoever they were cheating with. In fact, I wanted to thank them for showing me who they really were.

I'm dead serious when i say this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I read the OP in the link, it sounds like he is upset with her.
Yes but not the way most men and women that got cheated on would have reacted. He is upset but doesn't insult her and the break-up seems to be on soft terms. As the thread goes further, he seems to be going gentle on her. He even took his time to confront her about it instead of doing it right away.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Yes but not the way most men and women that got cheated on would have reacted. He is upset but doesn't insult her and the break-up seems to be on soft terms.
He left her. I think he handled it great.

Do you know how many people yell and insult and punish the person who cheated on them but still never leave them? This guy left. Bravo to him.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,196 times
I think that it's just harder to be angry with someone you love than it is a total stranger -- when you don't know the "cheatee", it's easy to paint her as some home-wrecking harlot with long, crimson talons who's just dying to get her mitts on your husband's/boyfriend's credit cards ...

But it that were the only rationale, men would feel the same hatred toward the other man, in a reverse situation, right?

The closest thing I can describe this type of anger is that when a woman poaches you man, she violates the sisterhood. Women still have the short end of the stick, economically speaking. We still get stuck with the sh*t work in the childrearing. Women should know better than to threaten what could well be the very livelihood of another woman, because that could well be her one day -- or at least that's what I think could be happening.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
He left her. I think he handled it great.

Do you know how many people yell and insult and punish the person who cheated on them but still never leave them? This guy left. Bravo to him.
I would be doing both, yelled at the cheater and leave. I'm just amazed how he handled it. He doesn't even wishes her bad things even after she did that. If that was my house, I would have wanted them out immediately.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Wow you must be assuming every women are the same. All I know is cheating is so low. That's something I'll never do. I would rather break up than hurt a man's heart like that.
No, I am being sarcastic.
Of course women are 100% responsible for their own behavior.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
I would be doing both, yelled at the cheater and leave. I'm just amazed the how he handled it. He doesn't even wishes her bad things even after she did that. If that was my house, I would have wanted them out immediately.
I liked the way he handled it. I understand where he is coming from. I mean, what really is there to say to her? Whatever excuses or whining that would come out of her mouth would just be insulting to him along with a bunch of lies anyway. I wouldn't want to hear it either. I think the fact that he left her says it all. I don't know about her staying in his house though. That makes it more complicated.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, I am being sarcastic.
Of course women are 100% responsible for their own behavior.
Oh ok... you had me thinking before but nice joke. LOL...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I don't know about her staying in his house though. That makes it more complicated.
He didn't confront her that very same day but waited 2-3 days later. I read he helped her move all her stuff and drove with her to her parents' house.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
I'm glad he took the ring when he left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships