Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 PM

2,948 posts, read 6,994,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
The closest thing I can describe this type of anger is that when a woman poaches you man, she violates the sisterhood. Women still have the short end of the stick, economically speaking. We still get stuck with the sh*t work in the childrearing. Women should know better than to threaten what could well be the very livelihood of another woman, because that could well be her one day -- or at least that's what I think could be happening.
This describes my case. A s**** poached my ex husband; however, my ex fell for for her line of BS hook, line and sinker.

I blame them both equally, but have a few more choice words for her based on how she weaseled into the affair because it really was her being manipulative.

In some cases, though.. I think a spouse is in such denial that their partner would do this, and/or love their partner so deeply, that they focus their emotions toward the intruder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,559,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
He didn't confront her that very same day but waited 2-3 days later. I read he helped her move all her stuff and drove with her to her parents' house.
I still don't see anything wrong with that.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:04 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,158,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I still don't see anything wrong with that.
True but I doubt most would have handle the situation the way he did and wait days to calm down. I wouldn't want the cheater at my house, not even for 1 extra minute.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
True but I doubt most would have handle the situation the way he did and wait days to calm down. I wouldn't want the cheater at my house, not even for 1 extra minute.
Off topic but guess you've never seen this commercial before.

On topic, how do you know he didn't need to calm down first because he was so angry he might kill her?

Last edited by srjth; 09-10-2013 at 11:35 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
In some cases, though.. I think a spouse is in such denial that their partner would do this, and/or love their partner so deeply, that they focus their emotions toward the intruder.
Yes that can happen too. This part of what I got from his thread and it seems like he might still have some feeling for the cheater but realizes he can't trust her anymore. It's like he doesn't want to see her as a bad person while completely judging the other guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneNow View Post
I know this might sound stupid but if I saw that guy again, I would tell him a bunch of bad things. I still see him as the intruder since I never even met him before. I know my ex fiancee was responsible for this too but at least I once shared my house and life with her, not with the OM. While I'm disappointed and disgusted with her action but don't hate her, I feel total hatred for the OM.
Amazing what deep feelings can do to someone.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
This is part of what I got from his thread and it seems like he might still have some feeling for the cheater but realizes he can't trust her anymore.
No, if he still had feelings, he would go off on her but still stay with her, or maybe even go off on the other man, but not her and still stay with her. If you want to see what that looks like watch the movie "Legends of the Fall".

Hillary Clinton did this too. By her accounts, she yelled at Bill once but still stays with him and mostly sites right wing conspiracy plots for his trysts.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 PM

48,271 posts, read 34,391,475 times
That's how one person reacted, everyone is different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-11-2013, 12:13 PM

32,487 posts, read 47,425,133 times
Considering how often adultery ends up in divorce, I suspect that the cheating spouse is catching plenty of blame and anger.

The other woman, or man, deserves some scorn, too, for breaking up a marriage.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM

211 posts, read 371,983 times
Id hate the woman and the dude.. They are both ****ing trash!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Exchange View Post
Id hate the woman and the dude.. They are both ****ing trash!
I know right. I think his cheating fiancee is more disgusting. She had the nerve to bring her lover in that poor man's house and into his bed.

Yet, this is what he still thinks about her according to his latest posts:

Some asked him this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Alone did you ever think that this man may not have even known this woman was engaged to you? Your hatred should be directed toward her because she is the one who betrayed you not the OM. She is being slick with her response hoping you will forgive her so she doesn't have to face the shame of canceling her wedding. She can never be trusted because it takes a special kind of person to do what she did. If you hadn't caught her she would have carried on even after you were married. Block her from contacting you in any way. She is poison for you.
This was that guy's reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneNow View Post
I have thought about it but hate him either way. In my mind, he'll always be the intruder in my house. There were frames of us and also of the proposal so he had to have known we were together. I don't buy that he didn't know it.
As I said before it does sounds stupid but I have no hatred towards her. Even after what she did, my feelings for her haven't completely disappear. I still care for her but can't be with her anymore, can't trust her and can't help her. I hope she learned from this, is able to get on with her life and receive the help she needs to work on her past issues. The only people that knows what happened as of now are my cousin, her parents, my parents, my younger sister and closest friend Anthony. I haven't told anyone at my workplace nor other friends and just said we broke up for personal reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships