Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I think the last time that happened to me was in high school. Nowadays...nothin.
Yeah me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Well, he might just have been genuinely nice (depends) I believe you're a single mom? and one thing single guys usually don't flirt with is moms with a kid/s at a groceries. But, if you didn't have your kid/s with you and you declined any help, I would have took it as a "I'm not interested get lost creeper" Lol
Yeah true.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I think the last time that happened to me was in high school. Nowadays...nothin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yeah me too.
This is a first time thing for me.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I was grocery shopping today and walked to an isle with my diet drinks. I was in my own little world and hemming and hauling over my flavors. I looked at the top row to read the kinds. Then this nicely dressed man comes up to me and ask, "Do you need anything from the top shelf?" I stared blankly for a minute then laughed,"Ha, nah I'm alright." He then responds, "It would be my pleasure to help you." I just said that I was ok. Meanwhile he looked for his items and I walked away.
Later as I looked for my items.....it dawned on me....holy crap I was just hit on.
I must be getting old.
I'm usually completely oblivious to being hit on, usually just think men are being nice just cuz....

Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Well, if what happened to you happened to me, it never would have dawned on me that it might be flirting or anything. I'd figure he was just being polite. Then again, my friends always tell me that men are flirting with me when I just don't see it--I figure they are being nice or just silly or in a few cases, just being stupid.

Case in point, early this summer I was swimming laps and some guy got into my lap lane and just stood there. I didn't see him and swam right into him. I ended up being very POed at him too. I posted about it on Facebook saying, "who just gets into someone's lap lane and stands there!?" Just about everyone chimed in saying he was flirting/trying to get my attention (and it was mostly male friends that told me this). Honestly, I still don't see it as anything other than someone being inconsiderate.

As for men not flirting with women with kids. I think that depends on age and the circumstances the man is in. At my age, most men are married or are divorced (and often have kids of their own). They flirt and will often flirt with women with kids because most of the women around their age who are single are like them (divorced with kids). And just like there are men out there who won't consider a woman with kids, there are men in my divorce support group who said they would only consider dating another parent simply because another parent can relate to and understand the challenges of dating and relationships when you already have kids. So there is no hard fast rule really.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
No I don't think so. Just because someone is nice to me, I don't assume that person is flirting or hitting on me. It's been my experience that when people are out, they are not looking to meet people or flirt, they just want to do what they left the house to do. So just because someone is talking to me in a grocery store, or even at a bar, I just take it as polite conversation.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
I would think that if the guy was truly hitting on you he would have concluded with something such as Ok. Well, perhaps next time. wink wink

I mean, you were looking at items on the top shelf...gentlemen still exist, you know.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, if what happened to you happened to me, it never would have dawned on me that it might be flirting or anything. I'd figure he was just being polite. Then again, my friends always tell me that men are flirting with me when I just don't see it--I figure they are being nice or just silly or in a few cases, just being stupid.

Case in point, early this summer I was swimming laps and some guy got into my lap lane and just stood there. I didn't see him and swam right into him. I ended up being very POed at him too. I posted about it on Facebook saying, "who just gets into someone's lap lane and stands there!?" Just about everyone chimed in saying he was flirting/trying to get my attention (and it was mostly male friends that told me this). Honestly, I still don't see it as anything other than someone being inconsiderate.

As for men not flirting with women with kids. I think that depends on age and the circumstances the man is in. At my age, most men are married or are divorced (and often have kids of their own). They flirt and will often flirt with women with kids because most of the women around their age who are single are like them (divorced with kids). And just like there are men out there who won't consider a woman with kids, there are men in my divorce support group who said they would only consider dating another parent simply because another parent can relate to and understand the challenges of dating and relationships when you already have kids. So there is no hard fast rule really.
This is true I am 36 and I know I look at other dads.And yes he looked my age or maybe 40's. Like your swimming incident, I wasn't even reaching or stretching. I wasn't jumping to get the tiny boxes that are the size of a small toothpaste box. But who knows. It was a local store so things happen.

Lol I would of pushed the guy and yelled too if he got in my swimming lane. That was indeed getting your attention.
And the man at the grocery store got mine. Other wise I wouldn't of made this thread.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
No I don't think so. Just because someone is nice to me, I don't assume that person is flirting or hitting on me. It's been my experience that when people are out, they are not looking to meet people or flirt, they just want to do what they left the house to do. So just because someone is talking to me in a grocery store, or even at a bar, I just take it as polite conversation.
Why take the time to do it? Get your stuff and go is my motto as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I would think that if the guy was truly hitting on you he would have concluded with something such as Ok. Well, perhaps next time. wink wink

I mean, you were looking at items on the top shelf...gentlemen still exist, you know.
I know some are still gentlemen.
He concluded with a smile and "It would be my pleasure". He also did the side glance look at me.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Yes, all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships