U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:47 PM

4,220 posts, read 4,685,913 times

Advertisements

You always hear lower your standards if you keep getting rejected which is fair but at the same time as bad as iam in attracting women i could never be with someone iam not physically attracted to even slightly..

It wouldnt be fair to either of us imo..I doubt a women or man would want to hear or find out that somebodies with them becasue they were the only one who said yes to them and were only approached because better looking people who im attracted to rejected me so i tohguht you were blah loking enough that you might say yes..

Maybe other people can do that but i need some attraction physically for me to give somebody a chance..i just cant get aroused by someone i dont find attractive..

And before the inevitable posts about goign after only hot girls or super models its not the case at all..but i cant find somebody repulsive and want to date them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
You make it sound like you couldn't find your favorite scotch in the liquor store so you want to know if it's okay to just buy some rot gut.

Come on now.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 4,140,001 times
Yes.
Sometimes by getting to know someone an attraction can develop.
Most likely, this has happened to most women that dated me more than a few times. haha.

I have dated women that I wasn't initially attracted to. Sometimes an attraction develops, sometimes it doesnt. There is always something attractive about every one of us. But sometimes it takes a while to discover such attractive traits.

Edit: BTW, repulsive people get it on also. Actually, I am kind of amazed at the frequency of such. Sometimes it is just as frequent as hot people.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Yes.
Sometimes by getting to know someone an attraction can develop.
Most likely, this has happened to most women that dated me more than a few times. haha.

I have dated women that I wasn't initially attracted to. Sometimes an attraction develops, sometimes it doesnt. There is always something attractive about every one of us. But sometimes it takes a while to discover such attractive traits.
Exactly.

Until a guy grows up enough to accept that you don't choose a woman strictly on looks alone, that guy will continue to be alone and lonely.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly.

Until a guy grows up enough to accept that you don't choose a woman strictly on looks alone, that guy will continue to be alone and lonely.
"looks alone" is quite different then to not care about looks at all..Obviously it cant be just about looks but if im not attracted at all physically i have no desire to want to see that women naked no matter how cool she is..

Old 09-11-2013, 12:56 PM

17,867 posts, read 17,774,705 times
You can only do what is right for you.

If you can only date women you find attractive physically, then find the best looking woman for you that likes you. That's all you can do really.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,129,252 times
OP, here's a tip:

dating takes practice and skill. start with what you can get, develop your conversation and dating skills and improve as you go along. start with 3s and work your way up to 6s. make it easy for you and her, just saying you're just looking to have good times, good company with good friends. strictly plantonic. and then if you out with a good one, work on your kissing and touching skills. i think it takes about 2 years to get to the point where you know what kind of quality women is within your reach..

attractive women only date ppl with good dating skills, which includes guys with the confidence to approach them.

practice makes perfect. good luck.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
"looks alone" is quite different then to not care about looks at all..Obviously it cant be just about looks but if im not attracted at all physically i have no desire to want to see that women naked no matter how cool she is..
Then you are simply too shallow and superficial for a healthy relationship.

I suggest you embrace your batchelorhood - after all, you are freely choosing it

Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then you are simply too shallow and superficial for a healthy relationship.

I suggest you embrace your batchelorhood - after all, you are freely choosing it
So im shallow and superficial because i need a small amount of physical attraction? lol i think thats most people

Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM

211 posts, read 317,580 times
yes. Stop over rating youself and go for women who are your equivalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or