Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM

306 posts, read 654,601 times

Advertisements

Would you date someone who you would consider just average in terms of attractiveness if they appealed to you in other ways? If you have done so do you lie to them and tell them they are the most beautiful you have ever seen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,940,856 times
The catch is, is I have to find someone who has similar interests as I do as well as them being attracted to me.

So far in this lifetime, I have yet to meet a woman who meets both of these. If I ever met a woman who ever did, I don't know how I would conduct myself since I'm almost positive they do not exist.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:52 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,943,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket2 View Post
Would you date someone who you would consider just average in terms of attractiveness if they appealed to you in other ways? If you have done so do you lie to them and tell them they are the most beautiful you have ever seen?
I have dated average.
I never lied and said "You are the most beautiful..."

However, I would say, "You have beautiful eyes." "I love your smile." Or whatever feature that I was trying to compliment at the time.

Actually, regardless of who I dated, I have NEVER said "You have/are the most beautiful.... in the world."
But honestly, IMO, one exgf did have the most beautiful, but I felt saying "the most beautiful in the world." was beyond cheesy and fake.
However, she had NO doubt how much I liked that about her.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM

35,984 posts, read 30,513,823 times
Quote:
Aren't the majority of people average in terms of attractiveness? I would like to know who has dated only the most beautiful people.

I have never said to anyone that they are the most beautiful/handsome person I have ever seen.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:10 PM

8,358 posts, read 25,164,021 times
Well, first off what you find average I might find hot, and, what I think of as hot you might only find average. What makes someone hot or physically attractive in the first place? It is largely a mental construct of some part visual, some part based on your own criteria, and some part other (personality, religious preference, social status, etc.).

Have I dated someone I "only" found average? Yes, of course.

Did I lie to her by telling her she was the most beautiful I have ever seen? Nope. I told her I thought she was hot (which was the truth), and I told her she had to most beautiful smile I had ever seen (which was also true), and that her eyes were very captivating (also true), but, I never told her she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,538,188 times
oh man, we are suddenly getting a lot of junior varsity dating and relationship questions. time to unplug.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,538,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have never said to anyone that they are the most beautiful/handsome person I have ever seen.
I have. It wasn't someone who I was dating though. lol I rarely give compliments to men I'm dating about their looks, but it's not something that I'm against doing.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 PM

10 posts, read 10,015 times
Quote:
How does a man lie?

She knows if "it" gets up or not.

'Nuff said.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 PM

319 posts, read 623,216 times
Sure. I consider my boyfriend above average but he isn't mind-blowingly, stop-in-the-street-and-look-back-twice attractive but it was his intelligence, personality, his sense of humour and wit that appealed to me more than his looks.

I don't tell him that he's the best looking guy I've seen, and he doesn't say I'm the most beautiful girl he's seen... I do tell him that he looks good when he looks good though.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,962,920 times
Honestly? You are going to look at every person within 30 miles or 3000 or whatever and assume that the best looking one is also your best match?

That is insanely stupid.

I don't care what someone looks like. I care whether they are compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships