Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 PM

448 posts, read 685,209 times

Advertisements

Why did you bring up the fact that you're not fat or chubby?

Black and Hispanic men only like fat and chubby chicks?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
What did you mean by the bolded?
I come from a Spanish family on one side. They are more expressive of emotion and more likely to act on a positive feeling than stuff it down out of some stiff sense of propriety. I note this in Black American culture also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Exchange View Post
this is way racist and offensive!!
No, it's not. Cultures don't have differences now? There are no such thing as cultural values? This is never reflected in individuals from those cultures?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:06 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Whatt!!!!!
Are you serious!!!
Snip.
I am a black woman and I have NEVER APPROACHED a dude. None of the black women I know ever do so either.
Our men are the ones that APPROACH US, why would we need to chase them?
There are lots of black women in the world, not just in Africa, that actually have a sense of humility and bravery and do approach.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-11-2013 at 09:15 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycglitter View Post
I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt.
They may like that you are asian.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Asians as in Korean, China, Japan, are perhaps my favourite cultures. Many of them are respectful, hard working, private.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt. I do have big boobs though. I'm Asian and I rarely get hit on by Asian men. If anything they just stare. If a white guy hits on me, they tend to be older or under the influence. They also stare at me alot as well. Also, when I say approached I mean asked out on a date or for my number.
Hispanics, Native Americans and African Americans don't have the inhibitions or "reserve" that many Euro-Americans do. They don't assume attractive women are taken, they're drawn to a wider variety of "types" of women (not just those who are "hot"), and they just plain enjoy talking to women. I've polled women in 3 states about this, and they all say they're approached mainly by non-White men, rarely by White guys, and like you, they have no idea why.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 PM

43 posts, read 38,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Why did you bring up the fact that you're not fat or chubby?

Black and Hispanic men only like fat and chubby chicks?
Don't rappers always talk about their love of "thick" women?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM

43 posts, read 38,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
They may like that you are asian.
Soooooo true. I am not "chubby" or "thick" either and I get hit on by a lot of black men. EVERY time they ask me about my ethnicity. A lot of them seem to like women of different races or women that are "exotic". They compliment me on my ethnicity aaaaaallllllll the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is solely based on your race...

Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I come from a Spanish family on one side. They are more expressive of emotion and more likely to act on a positive feeling than stuff it down out of some stiff sense of propriety. I note this in Black American culture also.

No, it's not. Cultures don't have differences now? There are no such thing as cultural values? This is never reflected in individuals from those cultures?
The part that offended peeps was the logic part.

These cultures can be more celebratory of emotion & passion too - perhaps not bogged down by too much logic?

Logic means a particular form of reasoning, sound judgment, sense. You are in effect saying that those cultures are perhaps not bogged down by too much sense. I don't think you meant harm, perhaps it was a wrong choice of words, but when someone reads that, they'd be like WTH.

But I do agree that for the most part, Yes, Blacks & Hispanics are more expressive and demonstrative.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
I constantly get approached by these 2 groups. I don't get it. I'm not fat, chubby nor do I have a big butt. I do have big boobs though. I'm Asian and I rarely get hit on by Asian men. If anything they just stare. If a white guy hits on me, they tend to be older or under the influence. They also stare at me alot as well. Also, when I say approached I mean asked out on a date or for my number.
Not sure what that has to do with black men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships