Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,258 times

Advertisements

Just forget about anything beyond casual dating for the near term. By the statements you are making and the questions you are asking, I can already tell you will not have the mental bandwidth to do all three and these women do not deserve to have a guy who will only do a lackluster job when it comes to having a clear mind being with them.

Am I being harsh? Quite possibly, but my intention is to just be realistic with your situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Just forget about anything beyond casual dating for the near term. By the statements you are making and the questions you are asking, I can already tell you will not have the mental bandwidth to do all three and these women do not deserve to have a guy who will only do a lackluster job when it comes to having a clear mind being with them.

Am I being harsh? Quite possibly, but my intention is to just be realistic with your situation.
I just rather have a job doing something I am passionate about vs hating my job and telling my self i need to show up today.

On top that my job will not feed a family and i am not going to help bring kids into this world if i cant give them everything I did not have growing up. I am not bring kids in to this world when i am just above the poverty right now i make to much for money for scholarships for school and i a white male so I got to work harder which is fine by me.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
It can be done. It's all about balance.

I worked full-time, went to school full-time (undergrad) and was dating my husband at the time.
My husband worked full-time and went to grad-school full-time all while being married with 2 kids under 2yrs.

Balance...and realize that you are not going to be able to spend every day/night with your SO.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I just rather have a job doing something I am passionate about vs hating my job and telling my self i need to show up today.

On top that my job will not feed a family and i am not going to help bring kids into this world if i cant give them everything I did not have growing up. I am not bring kids in to this world when i am just above the poverty right now i make to much for money for scholarships for school and i a white male so I got to work harder which is fine by me.

Sounds like you have your head on your shoulders man. Just keep working hard, don't worry about women.. it's a waste of time to care too much anyways. If you meet a sexy girl maybe you'll make time.

Also, if you seem really unavailable and busy it'll make them want you more anyways

Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm sure if your son wanted to date or found someone he wanted to date he would be able to have time for the gym, girlfriend and school work.
Well if you read my post, he does. But dating is definitely 3rd on the list, priority wise.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well if you read my post, he does. But dating is definitely 3rd on the list, priority wise.

I read your post and it doesn't say anything about dating.

Either way I think you missed my point.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:26 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I read your post and it doesn't say anything about dating.

Either way I think you missed my point.
I feel the same way.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:58 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
thanks for the advice guys and girls .

Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
College work and dating? No problem when I was young. I'm sure it would kill me today, but that was a long time ago.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,258 times
Quote:

Also, if you seem really unavailable and busy it'll make them want you more anyways
This is such a load of crap that I get so sick and tired of hearing from the PUA's (and others) over and over.

Sorry, but that just isn't necessary. I mean, I'm not one who just sits around doing nothing, but I make sure that I have plenty of time for R&R (or being active if I choose).

I have a steady job and work 40 hours a week, but not ONE MINUTE longer. I mean........its just sooo not worth it to be stressed out all the time.

Time management is important which sadly, few people I come across seem to have a handle on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships