Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
He lives with a woman, huh? Gotta love those churchgoers.

Anyway, I'm glad that you at least have some closure on the situation now. I got up the nerve to talk to my crush this week (nothing close to asking him out) and later found out that he's getting married next month! I'm pretty bummed, but he seems like a great guy so I'll try to be happy for him (but still sad for me).
Like I said, it's not a Christian church and it's not about forced morality

I've had your experience too, finally talking to a crush and finding out they are on the verge of marriage or somesuch. Oh well, it's always better to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 12:20 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Like I said, it's not a Christian church and it's not about forced morality

I've had your experience too, finally talking to a crush and finding out they are on the verge of marriage or somesuch. Oh well, it's always better to know!
Yeah, it is better to know but I'm still upset. I saw their engagement pictures. He and his fiancee make such a picture perfect looking couple too. I'm jealous!

Old 09-15-2013, 02:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is better to know but I'm still upset. I saw their engagement pictures. He and his fiancee make such a picture perfect looking couple too. I'm jealous!
This reminds me of two instances where I liked a guy and both were with someone. Case #1: I liked this guy from church for a year and I waited to get up the nerve to tell him I liked him. I was 16. Long story short I was helping at an event after church and I saw him come out with another girl. Turns out he had been dating her over a year. I never told him I was interested. Second case I met this guy after working in ESL and finally wrote him a note telling him about my crush. He had a girlfriend already but told me he was flattered by my interest.

What's sadder is when you see a guy you like, he doesn't like you because he has someone then someone yucky expresses interest. This happened a lot online when bottom of the barrel losers expressed interest while guys I liked rejected me.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What's sadder is when you see a guy you like, he doesn't like you because he has someone then someone yucky expresses interest. This happened a lot online when bottom of the barrel losers expressed interest while guys I liked rejected me.
Yup, the story of my life. Still getting hit on by men 20 years my senior! One of them is a married guy I work with and his wife works in the same building.

But yeah, I guess it's somewhat of an easier pill to swallow knowing that you can't be with a guy because he already has someone and not just because he's single and not interested in you (but it still really sucks regardless of the reason).

Old 09-15-2013, 03:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Yup, the story of my life. Still getting hit on by men 20 years my senior! One of them is a married guy I work with and his wife works in the same building.

But yeah, I guess it's somewhat of an easier pill to swallow knowing that you can't be with a guy because he already has someone and not just because he's single and not interested in you (but it still really sucks regardless of the reason).
At least in those two cases both guys were cool about it (the one I never told until later on as we hung around for events). Yep, it stings bad when he rejects and there is no other woman and he's looking. This upset me a lot on dating sites. Then add insult to injury I would have guys I would never date hit on me after being rejected by guys I would.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,956,973 times
I'm old fashioned. I do not believe in asking a guy for a date or for marriage etc. I say flip your hair, be suggestive & let the man lead & ask you out & pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships