Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

jimmy buffett margaritaville - Google Search
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You sound like Jimmy Buffett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Because women who are sexually assertive risk being shamed as sluts.
and this is quite unfair....
i would think this day and age,,,this isnt the case anymore..

Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
jimmy buffett south park......................

Cartman's AIDS benefit - YouTube

Old 02-28-2014, 02:20 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times
Many women want equality, but still don't want to approach men. Only the equality that suits them.
Facing rejection when approaching is what men have had to always face. It wouldn't thus be easy for shy and emotionally inhibited men to get girlfriends.
If rejection does occur, just mustn't take it personally, and move on to the next. There can be various reasons for the rejection, for instance perhaps already has a partner, was bad timing for him, etc.
I reckon that labeling such a woman a **** is dying out anyway. It's also stereotyping.
There seem to generally be women approaching men in small cities and towns.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:48 AM

182 posts, read 195,116 times
(Male) I like doing the chasing. If I have it, I get tired of it and take it for granted

Old 02-28-2014, 04:08 AM

117 posts, read 142,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
and this is quite unfair....
i would think this day and age,,,this isnt the case anymore..
Sadly, you thought wrong.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
^
I agree!

I can't figure out another reason. It's my opinion that women want it at least as much as men and perhaps more. I've never been asked out IRL. By that I mean someone having an actual conversation with me and asking me to go out.

This is despite of me going out at night and working in office buildings most of the last 25 years. I've been single and available for 17 of those years including now.
I'd like to experience this just once but I don't think I will.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:07 AM

125 posts, read 195,702 times
So on this topic I've been doing some online dating, out rather online browsing.... I sent messages to men and of those who responded I offered to exchange numbers and was prompt to speak up and ask for the first meeting. So far, that's been there conversation ender for me. No text back no explanation. Seems men don't really want to be asked out!

Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
I would love to be able to ask guys out that I find appealing. I'm forced to not do just that. All but a tiny handful of men immediately feel emasculated, and that is the beginning of the end. All but a tiny handful of men immediately write you off for it, even if they outwardly 'take you on' so to speak.
That's pretty much it. Women not asking men out doesn't have anything to do with entitlement. It's just another example of how women's liberation really became men's liberation. Men wanted to enjoy the "benefits" of the liberated woman, but wow--what a surprise--no man wants to share permanent bed and board with with her. A woman who is "enlightened"? "bold"? "brazen"? enough to ask a man out is probably a woman who will want to have more of a say in things concerning the couple if a relationship develops.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Most women don't have to.

The % of women who get attention from men without having to do anything is large. The vast majority I'd probably say.

Now, those who get attention from the desirable men they want is a smaller %. The women who don't might have to ask those guys out or flirt heavily, and in my experience, they generally do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships