Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
So do you plan on staying single forever? At least try match.com or some other dating site. YOLO
YOLO?

Are you 15?

I don't ask guys out even if I know for sure they're interested but shy. Asking a chick out is a pretty simple "manhood" test. If you can't grab your balls and ask me out, then we're not going out. I'm not picking up the slack for him by taking that risk myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
Asking a woman out can't be that hard.
It depends on the reality of your situation. For some guys its easy for others its extremely difficult.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
YOLO?

Are you 15?

I don't ask guys out even if I know for sure they're interested but shy. Asking a chick out is a pretty simple "manhood" test. If you can't grab your balls and ask me out, then we're not going out. I'm not picking up the slack for him by taking that risk myself.
It has nothing to do with men having balls or not and no it is not simple for all men. Especially men like myself. I don't approach because i cannot imagine it going well or a woman being accepting of it. Try not overgeneralizing.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It depends on the reality of your situation. For some guys its easy for others its extremely difficult.
Of course it is.

But there comes a time, for me anyway, where you just have to do it. I'll do my part by expressing interest and all that good stuff, but at the bottom line... it's the guy who must take the final step.

I'm not blind. I can see he's shy. I can see he's struggling. And I know that with these guys, I have to endure a very long process usually involving his friends asking in a round about way so they can report back to him and all that song 'n dance. But the bottom line is that he has to do it. Not his friends, and not me.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with men having balls or not and no it is not simple for all men. Especially men like myself. I don't approach because i cannot imagine it going well or a woman being accepting of it. Try not overgeneralizing.
The question was posed to women. I answered the question.

There's no over generalizing when I tell you that as a woman, for me, no matter what, the guy must grab his balls and ask me out because I will not ask him out.

I never said he didn't have balls. I said he has to grab his balls and do it.

Huge difference.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
The question was posed to women. I answered the question.

There's no over generalizing when I tell you that as a woman, for me, no matter what, the guy must grab his balls and ask me out because I will not ask him out.

I never said he didn't have balls. I said he has to grab his balls and do it.

Huge difference.
Not trying to change your mind on your preference however you did overgeneralize.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Of course it is.

But there comes a time, for me anyway, where you just have to do it. I'll do my part by expressing interest and all that good stuff, but at the bottom line... it's the guy who must take the final step.

I'm not blind. I can see he's shy. I can see he's struggling. And I know that with these guys, I have to endure a very long process usually involving his friends asking in a round about way so they can report back to him and all that song 'n dance. But the bottom line is that he has to do it. Not his friends, and not me.
Most guys are oblivious to women's signals of interest. BTW though I am shy at times i wouldn't send someone else to inquire. I would just leave well enough alone as I know it wouldn't go well or be accepted. No reason to irritate a woman unnecessarily.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Most guys are oblivious to women's signals of interest. BTW though I am shy at times i wouldn't send someone else to inquire. I would just leave well enough alone as I know it wouldn't go well or be accepted. No reason to irritate a woman unnecessarily.
I can only say how I am as a person and why I do not ask guys out. I'm positive I've misunderstood some guys romantic interest as friendship. But that's because I can't figure out why he would be interested, not because he's not interesting. For example, let's say you're a medical doctor. Why would you be interested in an overweight, pothead waitress? Common sense says that's crazy. So if I was a fat pothead server, and you a fit doctor, no matter what you said to me, I would not think you interested romantically and there's nothing you could do to change my mind short of saying: "I'm not crazy, but I really want to take you out to dinner because I think you're funny." And even that might not work.

Generally, even the shyest of adult men will make their interest pretty clear. If she wants to take the time, she can find ways to encourage him. But ultimately, if you want a girl to ask you out, and you can't bring yourself to ask her out, then you're going to have to express your interest pretty clearly so she makes a move. But I'm telling you, even if she asks you out, and you don't make yourself clear on that first date and reciprocate, she won't be making a fool of herself by asking you out again.

(FYI: The above paragraph was over generalizing, but there is a grain of truth to it)

And stop claiming that your advances wouldn't go over well. You have no idea how they'd go over because you don't make them, from the looks of it.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:19 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwithknifes View Post
Even you yourself can't possibly believe thats true.
No worries. Someone is having a little fun at our expense. Usually the guy has to ask the women out whether it be rural areas, small towns, mid-sized cities, or large metropolises.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:30 PM

746 posts, read 866,390 times
Quote:
I can only say how I am as a person and why I do not ask guys out. I'm positive I've misunderstood some guys romantic interest as friendship. But that's because I can't figure out why he would be interested, not because he's not interesting. For example, let's say you're a medical doctor. Why would you be interested in an overweight, pothead waitress? Common sense says that's crazy. So if I was a fat pothead server, and you a fit doctor, no matter what you said to me, I would not think you interested romantically and there's nothing you could do to change my mind short of saying: "I'm not crazy, but I really want to take you out to dinner because I think you're funny." And even that might not work.

Generally, even the shyest of adult men will make their interest pretty clear. If she wants to take the time, she can find ways to encourage him. But ultimately, if you want a girl to ask you out, and you can't bring yourself to ask her out, then you're going to have to express your interest pretty clearly so she makes a move. But I'm telling you, even if she asks you out, and you don't make yourself clear on that first date and reciprocate, she won't be making a fool of herself by asking you out again.

(FYI: The above paragraph was over generalizing, but there is a grain of truth to it)

And stop claiming that your advances wouldn't go over well. You have no idea how they'd go over because you don't make them, from the looks of it.
Why would any guy ask you out? Maybe you're nice and have a good personality. Plus some guys like girls who have more meat on their bones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships