Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Stay away from tall grass!

I'd like to be asked. I've worked up the courage to ask, many many times, and in about five seconds "nah, you're not tall enough/handsome enough/whatever enough." Sure, okay, how about we guys stop trying. See how your options go when you have to work up the nerve to ask.
Every time you've asked a woman out, she has said no and specifically told you it's because of your height or attractiveness, or are you just projecting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Every time you've asked a woman out, she has said no and specifically told you it's because of your height or attractiveness, or are you just projecting?
Seriously, who is that mean?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
You're probably right but I am honest to a fault. BTW I wasn't trying to encourage anyone to do anything.
But if you discourage them by being shocked, you can't complain if women give up approaching you. That's more the point. You may be unaware how the vibe you give off is keeping women at arm's length or beyond.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yeah, I doubt anyone actually said to his face he's not tall enough or good-looking enough. If someone did, she probably wasn't older or more mature than a teenager.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
I've been asked out or flirted with by women on a number of occasions. If I had to put a finger on why that is, I'd say it's because I'm approachable but not looking for such conversations. I generally smile at everyone if I cross their path--male or female. And if someone asks my opinion or just talks to me in public, I am genuine and interested in what they have to say. I'm not thinking that this is a woman (OMG!...chick! chick! chick!) or that I'd like to sleep with her. Just real, human conversation.

--Dim

Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I've asked men out.

However, I ask men I know. I don't ask total strangers.

That is because a lot of men don't seem to be able to hear sounds in the range of a woman's voice. They can't hear "I'm unhappy, I'm lonely, I'm tired, please help with the housework, you don't pay attention to me any more, NO!!!!!" And a million other things they don't seem to be able to hear or comprehend.

A very large number of men out there, if I say "Let's go out to dinner, my treat" all they hear is "hey, let's have sex". I then have to spend my time fighting them off. No thanks.

So, you guys who never get asked out on dates, you can blame your fellow men who have behaved badly

Incidentally, from another topic, when I invite, I pay.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But if you discourage them by being shocked, you can't complain if women give up approaching you. That's more the point. You may be unaware how the vibe you give off is keeping women at arm's length or beyond.
I have never been approached. I generally keep my emotions internally thus to say I don't generally display them externally. I am wholly unaware that I emit any vibes at all.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 AM

421 posts, read 676,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
You do realize Two and a Half Men is a fictional TV series, rather than real life. Having said that, I like the show. However, I do not take it seriously.
I have read much academic literature saying that men push too far when drunk. Anyone who has been in college and is not socially inept should be able to recall this.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I have never been approached. I generally keep my emotions internally thus to say I don't generally display them externally. I am wholly unaware that I emit any vibes at all.
Dude, you sound shut down! That may be your vibe. You may be going around with a wall up around you. Women pick up on that, and steer clear. Thus, no approaches. Get it?

Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
A very large number of men out there, if I say "Let's go out to dinner, my treat" all they hear is "hey, let's have sex". I then have to spend my time fighting them off. No thanks.

So, you guys who never get asked out on dates, you can blame your fellow men who have behaved badly
Brutal, but true! lol The truth hurts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships