Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If you feel that way, why even try to date men in the first place?
Women only want one thing and that is our money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 12:40 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
News flash: women make their own money. They don't need yours. Go crawl back under the 1950's rock you just emerged from.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:12 PM

368 posts, read 577,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
Men hunt, women lure. Always been this way, always will be.
I capture

Old 03-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enil View Post
Indeed, women do make their own money. Which makes me wonder why the majority of men still do the paying during the dating process and men are the ones who pay the far majority of alimony.
There isn't alimony much anymore. It's an urban myth that refuses to die. As far as why most men do the paying for dates, as far as I can figure, there are several reasons: a) some men genuinely like to treat their date, b) some men don't like it when the woman pays her way; they see that as her not being interested in them as a prospective romantic partner. They think she's friend-zoning them, c) some men get turned off by women offering to pay their own way, because they think the women are making some kind of feminist statement. Men read too much into it, d) men foolishly think the date has to involve money. They set themselves up. Dating doesn't have to involve money until you've determined that there's serious compatibility and mutual interest. When that happens, paying for dates can be a reciprocal thing.

Dating culture in the US is in a huge state of flux. Old-fashioned customs haven't caught up to changing modern mores regarding women's independence. But it's coming. Look to Scandinavia for a view of the future. Women generally are offended if the guy pays. It's considered a relic of medieval society, in which women were completely dependent on men. Stay tuned for further developments on America's dating front.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM

43 posts, read 36,970 times
Because we are so used to having men chasing after us for a long long TIME and we just do not know how to chase men anywayz. Maybe we flirt, we try to look our best and to me it is a form of chasing lol.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:50 PM

43 posts, read 36,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Then u have been with the wrong women. I dont care about money and in fact guys with lots of money scare me. I care more about his intelligence and personality. Of course, he has to make the same or a bit more money than I do. I can not just feed him or something.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahihihoho9x View Post
Then u have been with the wrong women. I dont care about money and in fact guys with lots of money scare me. I care more about his intelligence and personality. Of course, he has to make the same or a bit more money than I do. I can not just feed him or something.
You're on the wrong forum. Nobody here on C-D believes women who say this.

...except the other women.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Women never ask me out any more.
I bathe at least once a week , my beard is 7" long all over, I'm only 100# over weight and over 60 years old, and walk with a limp and ride a motorcycle , got half my teeth (all my front teeth.), plenty of lines and spots on my face, hands like sand paper , my ears ring , and nose runs, I fall asleep at the movies and snore, and when I go out, I go dutch, what's not to love?

I only want friendship no romance and no horse play.
Women just don't like that. It seems.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 PM

260 posts, read 605,291 times
Because women don't need to ask men out. They just need to look pretty, carry on with daily life and wait for a guy who meets their standards to ask them out.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're on the wrong forum. Nobody here on C-D believes women who say this.

...except the other women.

SOME women are like that; Your Mileage May Vary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships