Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:26 PM

167 posts, read 163,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I didn't "take offence".

I merely pointed out the Passive Aggressive tone of that thread.

Yep, I sure have hit a nerve with the scared weird guys huh?

I'm going to reject all women before they reject me. Right. Whatever.

PS. We don't care.

You obviously do not know what passive aggressive means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Cool mindset. I agree in the sense of gals not caring about what guys want as I find it tends to get great results with guys.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
It just makes so much more sense that way to me in my opinion. Honestly you ladies are not a hivemind. Sure everyone wants these certain things within a relationship love, commitment, understanding and others but those come in many different packages.

I am not going to be all things too every women, whether traditional or new age or what ever you want to call it. If I don't fit some definition of what others find in a man on the mostly "exaggerated of opinion" level then so be.

IME, when I stopped caring about what women want my happiness skyrocketed through the moon in fact.

I can only speak for myself y'all can agree or disagree as you please.
The Ultimate Rule Of Happiness: Never Worry About What Others Think Of You.

That being said, it's not women that you need to worry about. It's a woman. As in the one woman. The individual with dreams, tastes, passions and insecurities. The person with whom you have chemistry. You are not launching an ad campaign to millions, you are making a sales call with one prospect so to speak, hoping she'll like the cut of your jib.

When someone refers to women in the collective, they sound like those guys who buy Pickup Artists books in hopes of scoring at the nightclub on Saturday night.

In that sense, it's really pretty easy: You actually talk to the woman in question, and listen more than you talk. Women in general and as individuals are not all that mysterious. They will tell you exactly what you want to know if you let them.

Second? Always be yourself at all times (Unless of course, you've got the social skills of a turnip, in which case you need to work on that). Because women can generally detect a fraud in no time flat, but they like authenticity in a man. However, that does not excuse you from grooming or wearing decent clothes. If you don't respect yourself to take basic care of yourself and not look as if you shop at thrift stores all the time, then how can you get anyone else to respect you?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
I will only tolerate a a woman who emulates MY values: One that cares about not just herself, but what WE want. And I for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships