Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:51 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

I don't think your comprehension is too solid, there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
unlimited fwb/f-buddies-whatever you want to call them. no commitment, no drama, travel anywhere in world on a whim, buy whatever you want, no checking in/roll call, life is beautiful!!'

lets face it y'all, can't have that with an SO.

now, if you get laid then it's a pretty sad single life, but then again, all the other things make up for it.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
unlimited fwb/f-buddies-whatever you want to call them. no commitment, no drama, travel anywhere in world on a whim, buy whatever you want, no checking in/roll call, life is beautiful!!'

now, if you get laid then it's a pretty sad single life, but then again, all the other things make up for it.

Finally somebody gets it.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:56 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Another advantage is having much more time available to feed your three dozen cats.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:

That's all great if that is what you want. Not everyone wants those things. Some people want one committed partner, want to know someone cares about their whereabouts. Not everyone can buy whatever they want or travel anywhere in the world on a whim, single or not.

So to each their own.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Finally somebody gets it.
it's not for everybody, but I'm very happy being single...for now, anyways.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Another advantage is having much more time available to feed your three dozen cats.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Bear in mind that all of those things are not universal priorities, and several of them are easily attainable within the confines of a relationship, as well.

Whether or not a relationship is preferable to singlehood for a given individual, or vice versa, is WHOLLY specific to the individual. It's kind of laughable that anybody would think that this topic would ever be anything other than a case of "different strokes for different folks."

Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Seriously, the freedom to have FWB situations is NOT going to matter to somebody who has no interest in maintaining FWB situations. I know this is a real shocker.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
That didn't sound sarcastic at all. Anyway, I've moved 4 times, to different states in the last 4 years. In many situations I moved in less than a month. I've made at least one full bicoastal move as well. I have got to work with world class people in my field, I have completely tripled my salary within that time. But the thing about being single makes me, is that it makes me competitive. The average American resource just simply isn't that mobile. That's what keeps me in the game. Being in a relationship would completely mess that up for me.
Barking up the wrong tree if you want to make those kind of excuses dude....

May 2012 - moved 5 hours away
September 2012 - Moved 5 hours away
March 2013 - Moved 4 hours away
July 2013 - Moved 8 hours away..

That's in LESS than 2 years. Sure it's not coast to coast, but still it's far more often, at least you actually got to settle in one place for a bit.

Also, I have nearly tripled my salary in the last 3 years as well. My gf comes with me on the moves as well.

Me being in a relationship has zero to do with my work. In fact, it makes me far MORE efficient. I don't have to wake up as early or go to bed as early. I get to spend my free time doing things I enjoy because I'm not doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. etc. Instead of being single and going out then being hungover for work as I did for years and years and years, I don't mind staying in and watching movies during the week.

I'm 25 years old. I've been with my gf around a year and a half. I was single for the 3-4 years prior to being with her. I had a couple gf's for short terms. All I did was workout, party, and get laid. It's great for a while but it certainly gets old...

Personally I can only see ONE downside for me being in a relationship. Being with one person. I am incredibly promiscuous and enjoy the chase of different women. Unfortunately, I know it's something I can't have both of, nor would I want a gf that would be ok with me sleeping around as well. It's hard but it's just a choice I have to make.

I want to have kids some day and a normal family, so it's just a choice I have to make. Is my gf "the one?" I don't know, no way I would get married in the next several years anyways and she knows that. But I know one thing for certain, I can't keep putting my thing in everything that moves for the rest of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships