Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,410 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your opinions, for all of those that perhaps were a bit harsh with words, please next time try to think that someone like me, who is on the break of suicide, those words were the perfect push for me to end my life. I was told the truth and the truth is that i ruined my marriage that i am "psycho" "a mess" , that he is the one that is lukcy he left. Thank you all for supporting my thought of me being a horrible person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Don't be like that, no one likes a pity party.

You do need to learn from this though. There's always 2 sides to every story and at the moment you're all "poor me" - this guy is going through his own pain.

It can't be very nice to have someone you thought loved you, pull a knife on you.

Think about what you've done, then move on. Your life isn't "ruined" and although you may feel suicidal, no one is worth killing yourself over.

Especially someone who has hurt you.

Go for a walk, it will clear your head. Then have a hot bath and an early night.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
After she pulled the knife, and with all the crying, it sounds like she puts a lot of effort at manipulation and threats. She probably needs lots of professional help. I don't think there's enough there to say for sure if he does. There's always two sides to the story, plus, there's all the stuff she didn't tell you.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inpain88 View Post
Thank you all for your opinions, for all of those that perhaps were a bit harsh with words, please next time try to think that someone like me, who is on the break of suicide, those words were the perfect push for me to end my life. I was told the truth and the truth is that i ruined my marriage that i am "psycho" "a mess" , that he is the one that is lukcy he left. Thank you all for supporting my thought of me being a horrible person.
Okay, now you're just being dramatic and trying to guilt-trip people. You came to an anonymous message board and asked people you don't know and will never meet for their honest opinions. If you cannot handle the possibility that some may be a bit douchey to you, don't ask. Truly fragile people need to stay off the internet altogether, because there are always going to be harsh people trolling about because they have issues themselves. And not for nothing, but what people on the internet say should never be enough for someone to commit suicide. If someone does that, they already had issues to begin with and no one here would be to blame.

You need to establish some boundaries. Your therapist can help you with that. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 PM

219 posts, read 436,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Look, the way he behaved once you knew the truth was fairly typical.

He goaded you into creating drama so he could then justify leaving you by saying YOU were the one with the problem.

It's called "deflection" and guys like him use it so that don't ever have to feel responsible for their actions.

Whether you can believe it now or not - you are SO LUCKY to be rid of him.

He is a very selfish man with no character or integrity.

DO NOT give him any more power than you already have. This means you do not continue to write the story in your head that all your dreams are over and shattered.

The reality is, your life is just beginning!

Stick with the therapy until you can really see that

Best of luck honey - and please choose to feel better very soon.
I totally agree with this. You were gamed, OP. He set you up as the bad guy, and you fell for it, groveling. Then he was disgusted with you for lowering yourself to groveling. That's emotional abuse and manipulation. Stay focused on the original cause of the issue; his cheating.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
When I read your post, I saw some real honesty in the way you presented the factual side of your experiences. That will help you a lot in your recovery. Best wishes.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,374 times
Quote:
People on this forum are comically hypocritical and judgemental. Don't sweat it, these people have their own problems.

Listen, you went overboard for sure. But I see a girl who was madly in love with her husband and he gamed you. It would make a lot of these "perfect" people judging you go crazy too. Be glad he's gone, he's a cheater and a manipulative dck. Anyone deserves better

Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Original Post
Quote:
I wanted your honest opinion about my story, please do not feel like you need to be nice,
Later Post
Quote:
Thank you all for your opinions, for all of those that perhaps were a bit harsh with words, please next time try to think that someone like me, who is on the break of suicide, those words were the perfect push for me to end my life.
You asked for us to tell you what we thought. When we did, now you're playing the pity card. I've been suicidal before in my life. I've written about it on here once or twice. And one thing I didn't do while I was really suicidal was tell anyone what I was thinking. Not until after two failed attempts at which point it dawned on me to get help.

If you are really suicidal, you need to tell a professional. Call a hotline, call your therapist, call 911. Don't try to play the pity card or be manipulative about it. Just get the help you need. Remember where you came from, where you're going, and why you created the mess you got yourself into in the first place.
Quote:
I was told the truth and the truth is that i ruined my marriage that i am "psycho" "a mess" , that he is the one that is lukcy he left. Thank you all for supporting my thought of me being a horrible person.
I'm not going to read through the whole post again, but I'm not sure who told you this was all your fault. Most of us said he was a creep for cheating on you. In my first post, I was very critical of him. If you want to pick and choose what you think we said, go ahead, but leave us out of it. He was wrong in all of this, very wrong. But so were you. You are both better off without the other.

You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
That's reality.

I agree with the posts spoken after this response from you.

You sound: Bi-Polar and Passive-Agressive.

Just get some medication or therapy to get yourself on track.

I was harsh but I will be the one that sticks with you.

A guy I know was over weight....someone said, "Hey fat Albert!"
After that day he road bike and worked out. He lost a ton of weight. He said to me, "I wish I could find that person. I would thank them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships