Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You're 2Rugged4 a condom?
hahaha

Well done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
"new" "LTR" that makes zero sense

Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 PM

206 posts, read 254,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
"new" "LTR" that makes zero sense
Long term relationship...like the REAL kind. Not a Saturday night hook up.

I've never had a "Saturday night hook up"....so I wouldn't know a thing about "safe sex".

It's all safe when it's a LTR......

Unless she is a skank.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
Long term relationship...like the REAL kind. Not a Saturday night hook up.

I've never had a "Saturday night hook up"....so I wouldn't know a thing about "safe sex".

It's all safe when it's a LTR......

Unless she is a skank.

You are missing my point.

How do you know any "new" relationship will be a LTR? answer : you don't.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You are missing my point.

How do you know any "new" relationship will be a LTR? answer : you don't.
Well, unless you just met her....you should trust her.

It's hard to do when you just met last night, you know.

BUT....for 3 months....I'd say you are safe.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
One thing to keep in mind is that testing does not tell you someone's STD status on the day they were tested.

For example, the blood test for herpes is extremely accurate, but it can take up to 4 months for a new exposure to show up. So if your new love had sex with someone 3.5 months age (or if you did), then the test doesn't tell you much. If it's positive, it's positive -- but if it's negative you still have to retest in a few weeks.

This is true for every kind of STD. The times vary -- I think HIV is down to 2 weeks or something now -- but it is never about today, the day of the test. HPV is 3 months, IIRC.

An all-clear STD panel only tells you that the person was clear 4 months ago. It doesn't tell you whether you can catch something from them now.

So, I think the answer is you use condoms until you feel sure that this person will be honest with you about their past sexual history. It might be good to wait until you are past the initial madly-in-love phase, usually about 6 months, so your judgement will be more clear.

Another thing to consider is that HIV is the only kind of STD that you can't get orally. (Well, you can, but the risk is insanely low.) All the others, you gotta think about mouth contact and kissing, too.

There's a generational aspect to condom use: I used to hang out on a sex-advice site, and I was surprised at how many 20 somethings, male and female, said they had never had sex without a condom and didn't want to. They thought it sounded kind of icky.

Me, I am so old that I remember when condoms were rare, and were only for birth control, not STD prevention. And they were considered pretty ineffective birth control, is why no-one used them. Those numbers have since been revised.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM

486 posts, read 1,496,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
I don't want to die alone.

I have a will that people will be in a huge fight over......

I don't want that.

Give me a little girl/boy and a wife.

Sorry everybody........
that's actually really sweet. Don't be sorry!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesamekid View Post
that's actually really sweet. Don't be sorry!
Thank you.

I'd rather him or her has "it" then some bum who strolls into a pawn shop or something........

Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
that you stop using protection? or suggest to your partner that you have sex without a condom? or do you just hit it raw from the start, and take a chance?

Personally, I cant stand condoms, but I'm not about to risk my health. I need some type of conformation that she has been checked for any sexual pathogens before the gloves comes off (i.e. recent STD test) Ill go as far as pay for the testing myself (I definitely wont take her word for it) we can even take the test together; which usually happens when I get seriously involved.

Women: please give your thoughts on this as well!
after we do oral without it and do the mutual assurance talk. and i'm totally with you, i've never been able to get a pop with one. but i enjoy it nonetheless. i am also cool with getting tested before hand if that's what it takes.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 PM

486 posts, read 1,496,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
after we do oral without it and do the mutual assurance talk. and i'm totally with you, i've never been able to get a pop with one. but i enjoy it nonetheless. i am also cool with getting tested before hand if that's what it takes.
is there any man who actually LIKES being sheathed? Seriously, I've never known one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships