Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDaBrain View Post
You can make small changes to your personality the same way you can make small changes to your appearance.

Guys who are born very introverted and soft spoken aren't going to suddenly start having a personality like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Robert Downey JR the same way ugly chicks aren't going to turn into playboy models

It's not any less shallow to be demanding on personality than appearance
I disagree completely.

There isn't much I can do to change my height, my big nose, my scars, the fact that I'm knock kneed or any of the other physical deformities I've been rejected for.

I've seen people change their personalities more times than I can count. If you put effort into it you can be both extroverted and introverted...I certainly did it. It may not be easy, but it can be done.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM

206 posts, read 254,731 times
Quote:
You can make small changes to your personality the same way you can make small changes to your appearance.

Guys who are born very introverted and soft spoken aren't going to suddenly start having a personality like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Robert Downey JR the same way ugly chicks aren't going to turn into playboy models

It's not any less shallow to be demanding on personality than appearance
Change is for the weak. Accept you as you are or forget it.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:59 PM

348 posts, read 549,865 times
Quote:
Men tend to judge women on 2 things - appearance and personality
Women judge men on 85,000 things - looks, appearance, job, education, etc... etc... etc... They have way more requirements in a man than vice versa

So how are the men more shallow here?

Why is it more noble to reject somebody because they don't have the income or education you want?
As was said, I'd rather be judged on a variety of characteristics than just two. That way, if you meet say 7 out of 10, you get consideration.

IRL I have a few female friends who have ridiculous demands. But a lot of it is focused on just looks and income. So for them it's also just two things.

But most women I know do have several preferences, but they don't demand that every guy they date fulfill all of them. Just several of them, which I think is normal and healthy.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Ace take my advice stop the gender war threads. You probably can't see it but everything balances out in the end between the sexes. Not all women are as judgemental as you seem to think.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM

119 posts, read 103,671 times
people are perceiving this as an attack on women thread and it really isn't

It's a defend men thread. I'm tired of guys being labeled as shallow when both genders are plenty shallow

I don't actually have a problem with how selective/demanding women are in their partners

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Is it my understanding that the OP believes that women are never called shallow? I'm not even sure how to respond to that.......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Is it my understanding that the OP believes that women are never called shallow? I'm not even sure how to respond to that.......

not never, just not nearly as much as men are

To me, we should just get rid of all these labels. Attraction is attraction and it's an involuntary response

Stop the shallow nonsense and stop shaming men for requiring that their partner actually be attractive (which both genders do really)

Last edited by AceDaBrain; 09-17-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 09:25 PM

206 posts, read 254,731 times
And I want my $220 per week taxes returned as well.

Tired of providing for the unemployed. LOL

Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You are blaming all women for your own failings
Read my previous threads. I blame my failings on a variety of different things - horrible luck, working in a male dominated environment as well as an invisible force field over me that makes me absolutely repulsive to women

Quote:
and last I checked it's still a Man's World so they don't actually need "defending".

Women - "having standards is fantastic, don't ever settle"
Men - "you won't date a girl who is 25 Lbs overweight when you are in great shape yourself, you are shallow!"

I'm complaining about that nonsense ^^^

Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Women - "having standards is fantastic, don't ever settle"
Men - "you won't date a girl who is 25 Lbs overweight when you are in great shape yourself, you are shallow!"

I'm complaining about that nonsense ^^^
I won't date a guy that is 25 pounds overweight and I am in great shape.

Whatever. Call me shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships