Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
This mostly applies to online dating though it can apply to blind dates. What do you do when your online date is much fatter or uglier than their picture? I had a situation like this recently. Went to a bar and couldn't find my date. I called her and she told me was at the bar. I finally make out which girl is her. Problem is that she was fatter than her pic. Like 20-30 lbs heavier. She didn't really look like her pic anymore. Clearly taken like 2 years ago. I gave her one glance up and down and told her this won't work out, then left the bar. She did text me later, but I was done with her. Whats the protocol in these situations.
This just shows no class whatsoever. I'm sure I've played the fatter than expected role on a couple of my dates but a person with some class would not blow me off after maybe two seconds and one look. I could not look myself in the mirror if I ever did anything like that to anyone. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 06:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What is he supposed to do? Waste his time and money acting like he likes her or is interested? Maybe it would have be better if he acted like he liked her, slept with her, then dumped her. Would that make you people happy?
So men can reject a woman for not being attractive enough and it is acceptable behavior yet women can not reject a man for not being wealthy/well-endowed/tall/handsome/etc.?

The double standard is astounding.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,178 times
Wow. People are really all over the board on this one, depending upon their experiences.

It is harsh when a blind date lies about her age and weight. (or his age and weight).

And it is brutal to walk out on them. But frankly. In my humble opinion. I don't blame you for walking out.

It was wrong for them to so blatantly misrepresent, and that started it. Ahhh....dating sux.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What makes you think that you deserve an attractive woman? If you possess the qualities that attractive women want then this wouldn't even be an issue. Are you attempting to date higher than your own level of attractiveness?
You are completely missing the point. This has nothing to do with that. I don't feel entitled to attractive women. I know that I must have a lot of value if I want to date attractive women which is why I've worked hard on improving myself the past few years. But this has nothing to do with that. This thread is more about not wanting to date insecure liars. I hate deceivers. I see nothing wrong with feeling entitled to honest women. I don't want someone lying to others and themselves.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,897 times
Quote:
You are completely missing the point. This has nothing to do with that. I don't feel entitled to attractive women. I know that I must have a lot of value if I want to date attractive women which is why I've worked hard on improving myself the past few years. But this has nothing to do with that. This thread is more about not wanting to date insecure liars. I hate deceivers. I see nothing wrong with feeling entitled to honest women. I don't want someone lying to others and themselves.
So you feel like you did the right thing, then?

Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So men can reject a woman for not being attractive enough and it is acceptable behavior yet women can not reject a man for not being wealthy/well-endowed/tall/handsome/etc.?

The double standard is astounding.
What are you talking about, women do that all the time! I've seen women on here say a man has to have a certain amount of education, he has to make a certain amount of money, he has to be a certain height, he has to have a certain penis size. I know you're not that naive.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
So you feel like you did the right thing, then?
I have no regrets. She wasted my time so I wasn't going to waste anymore time on her. Why sink more time in a lost cause?

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Wow. People are really all over the board on this one, depending upon their experiences.

It is harsh when a blind date lies about her age and weight. (or his age and weight).

And it is brutal to walk out on them. But frankly. In my humble opinion. I don't blame you for walking out.

It was wrong for them to so blatantly misrepresent, and that started it. Ahhh....dating sux.
I can't even recall the amount of dates I went on that originated online where the guy fibbed and added as much as 8" to his height. One very memorable guy was AT LEAST 100 lbs heavier than his pictures, and 6" shorter than what he said he was.

I NEVER ONCE looked at them and then said 'no thanks' and walked out. Did I appreciate the lying? No, but I'm also not about to make someone feel even worse about themselves because of it. I had a drink, then said thanks and left. No big deal.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,897 times
Quote:
I have no regrets. She wasted my time so I wasn't going to waste anymore time on her. Why sink more time in a lost cause?
Then why are you worried about the perceived protocol?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Sheesh I went on dates that the man didn't even look like his pic. One guy sent me his brother's pic. O_O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships