Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
No, that if SHE decides to leave OR for some reason start making my life hell while im legally entangled I have an ejection seat and im not beholden to our corrupt courts. If we had a kid I would stay with her but she is the last women that I will participate in the USA dating scene again whether I have a kid here or not im gone unless I found a wonderful woman here while I was in the process of doing the paper work to get out which would not take very long.

I refuse to be like my friend who is 2 years single now because women completely control the dating game in the USA.

One of the biggest regrets people have on their death beds is that they lived their lives based on SOMEONE elses idea of the right thing to do and not their own. Just because people spew venom about child abandonment does not mean I have to listen. IF these people were so concerned about the kids we would not have no fault divorce laws, women would be sucking it up and putting out for their husbands for the kids , oh but then they would not be happy lol, who cares if the guy is happy paying out child support and possibly alimony AND having to play the same dating game at a severe disadvantage. None of this has ever been about the kids, its about graft and wealth extraction.

No thank you.

All of your posts drip with juvenile ignorance. How old are you? Tex up there posts about the rage, resentment and envy of women - damn, look how all those things are in everyone of your uneducated posts and not just this thread.

Do you even really know about child support and alimony? Were you aware that both parties probably earned the money with two jobs and the man left the wife to care for the children instead of himself? That's a proactive decision. My mother worked side by side with my father to build a business. Therefore, she already paid taxes on that money, even if it's in the bank. Alimony and child support are TAX DEDUCTIBLE for the person paying it. So, it's a wash if it's for the guy. If the woman is the recipient then she has to PAY TAXES on it every year - even though she already paid taxes on it when she originally made it. In this day and age most households are a dual income from both the man and woman, the day of the 1950's marriage aspects are over and have been for some time. I laugh at the thinking of some of the men on this forum who use reasoning that they made all the money and she's taking it all. That's hardly the case in this day and age - get your head out of the sand.

This is just one tiny aspect missing from your uneducated repertoire of broken record gender bashing. Take some time and research what really goes on before you spew your venom as fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
No, that if SHE decides to leave OR for some reason start making my life hell while im legally entangled I have an ejection seat and im not beholden to our corrupt courts. If we had a kid I would stay with her but she is the last women that I will participate in the USA dating scene again whether I have a kid here or not im gone unless I found a wonderful woman here while I was in the process of doing the paper work to get out which would not take very long.

I refuse to be like my friend who is 2 years single now because women completely control the dating game in the USA.

One of the biggest regrets people have on their death beds is that they lived their lives based on SOMEONE elses idea of the right thing to do and not their own. Just because people spew venom about child abandonment does not mean I have to listen. IF these people were so concerned about the kids we would not have no fault divorce laws, women would be sucking it up and putting out for their husbands for the kids , oh but then they would not be happy lol, who cares if the guy is happy paying out child support and possibly alimony AND having to play the same dating game at a severe disadvantage. None of this has ever been about the kids, its about graft and wealth extraction.

No thank you.
You REALLY need to get better lawyers if you ever go through the misery of divorce again! And as an added insurance policy against divorce, do something about that self-confessed abrasiveness of yours. Own your issues, and do something about them. Happiness can be yours.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:48 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
All of your posts drip with juvenile ignorance. How old are you? Tex up there posts about the rage, resentment and envy of women - damn, look how all those things are in everyone of your uneducated posts and not just this thread.

Do you even really know about child support and alimony? Were you aware that both parties probably earned the money with two jobs and the man left the wife to care for the children instead of himself? That's a proactive decision. My mother worked side by side with my father to build a business. Therefore, she already paid taxes on that money, even if it's in the bank. Alimony and child support are TAX DEDUCTIBLE for the person paying it. So, it's a wash if it's for the guy. If the woman is the recipient then she has to PAY TAXES on it every year - even though she already paid taxes on it when she originally made it. In this day and age most households are a dual income from both the man and woman, the day of the 1950's marriage aspects are over and have been for some time. I laugh at the thinking of some of the men on this forum who use reasoning that they made all the money and she's taking it all. That's hardly the case in this day and age - get your head out of the sand.

This is just one tiny aspect missing from your uneducated repertoire of broken record gender bashing. Take some time and research what really goes on before you spew your venom as fact.
why the hell do you still have alimony laws? didn't most modern countries get rid of them decades ago?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
why the hell do you still have alimony laws? didn't most modern countries get rid of them decades ago?
If a wife has devoted herself to the home and raising children, it means she's either taken herself out of the employment pool for years, or never entered it in the first place. She may need time to go to school and acquire job skills. In the US and Canada, there's no form of public funding to support her while she prepares for the job market. There are no publicly-funded childcare facilities, either. So temporary alimony can be awarded to provide her with the opportunity to prepare to successfully enter the job market.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM

236 posts, read 232,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If a wife has devoted herself to the home and raising children, it means she's either taken herself out of the employment pool for years, or never entered it in the first place. She may need time to go to school and acquire job skills. In the US and Canada, there's no form of public funding to support her while she prepares for the job market. There are no publicly-funded childcare facilities, either. So temporary alimony can be awarded to provide her with the opportunity to prepare to successfully enter the job market.

What a crock. Nobody forces a woman to stay home and raise babies. It's a choice on her part.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
What a crock. Nobody forces a woman to stay home and raise babies. It's a choice on her part.
It's a choice on the couple's part. But whose choice it is is irrelevant to the courts. The fact is the stay-at-home partner (male or female) needs to be supported while re-tooling for the job market, and in North America, the gov't doesn't provide that support, so the former working spouse has to. Just answering the Viking's question, since alimony is totally unnecessary where he comes from.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:07 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Since when is it a human right to have a university education? (s)he can snap up a job at the local starbucks or whatever while going to college(granted this excludes her from educations that require extensive time in the laboratory etc but still) I'm guessing a lot of american universities offer distance-classes as well?

it might be a couples choice, but it's still her choice to be part of that couples choice,
there is absolutely no excuse for forcing a part (whether it's the male or female part) to be paying for the life of the other part when they are no longer married.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:12 AM

A job at Starbucks (and btw, in this economy, even most of those jobs are only going to people with a college degree) won't pay university tuition, childcare, rent and other living expenses. The good news is that people no longer get alimony for life, generally. It's usually for a limited time. And if both partners were working during marriage, often there's no alimony. Only some child support is awarded.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Back to the original topic, I know several men who have moved to a foreign country, had a job and house and life there and married a foreign national. Those seem to be normal marriages. (said not hearing any of the wife's side)

I know 4 men with mail order brides and all four of those men have something very odd about them. Two of them are cruel, one is so passive he looks like he is walking around in a coma, the fourth strikes a pose and brags about how wonderful he is and how important his job is, and how wonderful he is at his important job. He does this non-stop all day long. It is very tiresome, but he is a kind-hearted guy, if somewhat domineering.

I know that one of the cruel men physically abuses his Russian wife. The passive man is badly emotionally abused by his Mexican wife (starting as soon as she got her green card). The braggart adores his Peruvian wife. I don't know how she feels about him, but they were still married 5 years after she got her green card.

The 4th man (cruel) complains about his Iranian wife all the time, although, from his complaints, she isn't doing anything to complain about. I don't know how he treats her in person.

I can see where the 4 with the mail order brides would have a problem maintaining a relationship with a woman who had free choice.

Oh yeah, another man with a mail order bride. I didn't know him. He lived a couple of doors down and once a week, like clock work, the screaming would start. The Korean wife would run out of the house to escape him and he would catch her in the front yard, hold her by her hair, and beat the dog snot out of her until the police came.

I'm going to guess that the Korean wife wasn't too happy with her bargain.

I don't care where those men went to find a bride. I certainly would never have dated any of them, so it was no loss to me that they went out of the country.

However, I can't help but think a man is a little odd if he thinks that he can go on-line, pick out a woman from her picture in a catalog, purchase her, and then believe she is going to be the girl of his dreams and behave exactly as he wishes and do everything he wants just like he wants it done.

Its a very strange way to view both the world and people.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:42 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Since when is it a human right to have a university education? (s)he can snap up a job at the local starbucks or whatever while going to college(granted this excludes her from educations that require extensive time in the laboratory etc but still) I'm guessing a lot of american universities offer distance-classes as well?

it might be a couples choice, but it's still her choice to be part of that couples choice,
there is absolutely no excuse for forcing a part (whether it's the male or female part) to be paying for the life of the other part when they are no longer married.
I agree, I didn't have someone flipping the bill for me to go to school when I graduated high school, I had to take loans, work and was lucky enough to get a half ride. Colorado just passed a life time alimony law and in new jersey a woman can get child support well after the kid is 18. I mean seriously where does maturation end, 18 is already bad enough.

Also child support is not nominal, it can be anywhere from 25-33% of your net income, there may be some tax deductions but I gaurentee its no where near dollar for dollar. I have been divorced twice with no kids and it cost me bundels and I had a lawyer the second time, these were a 4 year and 1 year marriage so I could not even imagine what a court would award to a woman with a very high wage earning man after say 10 years of marriage with a kid, I am pretty sure the guy would be hoping to wake up from the bad dream, but it would be reality.

When you look at the total dollars and cents for a man making well over 100k will have to pay out its worth it to protect yourself in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships