Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 11:37 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why would I need to have first hand experience to comprehend my observations?
You're right with your observations, with the one exception of the occasional bona-fide businessman who doesn't have time or the inclination to date, and wants an easy solution to his loneliness. But there are some scary men doing the mail-order thing. Though I hear the women have gotten wise, to some degree, and manage to network with other Russians after they arrive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 12:02 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're right with your observations, with the one exception of the occasional bona-fide businessman who doesn't have time or the inclination to date, and wants an easy solution to his loneliness. But there are some scary men doing the mail-order thing. Though I hear the women have gotten wise, to some degree, and manage to network with other Russians after they arrive.
True. Women being treated as a "commodity" and "chattel" is never a good thing.

There is a really disgusting underbelly to the mail-order bride "trade" that has tentacles that reach deep into the sex slave trade, sex tourism, child prostitution, human trafficking, debt bondage and other forms of sexual subjugation against women that are run by organized crime groups worldwide. So while some may want to declare that this is nothing more than lonely men seeking company there are other aspects of this "business" that certainly are not innocent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_t...he_Philippines

There have been 5,000 Filipina mail order brides entering the United States every year since 1986, a total of 55,000 as of 1997. Matibag, an assistant professor of the Department of Sociology at the Iowa State University, said browsing for potential brides on websites is as easy as shopping for a shirt. Each woman is assigned a catalogue number. Maria Regina Angela Galias, head of the Migrant Integration and Education Division of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), stated that South Korea and Japan have become the top destinations of Filipina mail-order brides. Over 70% of Philippine women live in poverty, thus making them particularly vulnerable to the mail-order industry.

Those involved in the kidnapping of children occasionally make video tapes of children being sexually abused.
A 13 year old child Sharon tells how she was forced to service more than 1,500 clients before she escaped. My back ached and I bled, she said, I tried to run away but the guard at the door blocked my way and pushed me back into the room. "I cried and cried all night."

Children are at risk of hiv/aids from child molesters.
The prevalence of gonorrhea and chlamydia was 18.6% and 29.1% respectively.Philippine law provides for compulsory HIV testing in some circumstances, and of course people may voluntarily be tested for AIDS. The Philippine government has provided a mechanism for anonymous HIV testing and guarantees anonymity and medical confidentiality in the conduct of such tests.
Men, Women and children involved in prostitution are vulnerable to rape, murder, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. Some men said that it served them right to be infected by men. Wendy Chapkis, author of the book Live Sex Acts: Women Performing Erotic Labor in which she interviewed sex workers said at the 1998 National Women's Studies Association's annual conference at Oswego State University, "We as a culture believe that women who are sexual deserve what they get, are asking to be raped.".

Old 12-22-2013, 12:05 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:

There is a really disgusting underbelly to the mail-order bride "trade" that has tentacles that reach deep into the sex slave trade, sex tourism, child prostitution and other forms of sexual subjugation against women that are run by organized crime groups worldwide. So while some may want to declare that this is nothing more than lonely men seeking company there are other aspects of this "business" that certainly are not innocent.
These activities would not take place if there was not strong demand, I wonder why there is so much demand?

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
A lot of the world still views women as "chattel"

Mail order brides are just a business.... nothing to do with the real attractiveness of a woman.....

Mail order brides are the fantasy of men with limited social skills.

Many disclaimers and the like..... but many are what we think.... nerdy guys with more time and money then sense......

Old 12-22-2013, 12:14 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
These activities would not take place if there was not strong demand, I wonder why there is so much demand?
Sadly, all one has to do is read many of the threads created by angry, inexperienced, frustrated males on the Relationships forum to understand why there is a demand.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Sadly, all one has to do is read many of the threads created by angry, inexperienced, frustrated males on the Relationships forum to understand why there is a demand.
Why are they so frustrated, wouldent you be frustrated if you were constantly rejected and had a sex drive that was out of the roof. What do you expect to happen when women behave in such a callous manner with a laundry list of standards, life still goes on for the rejected and they still want to get laid and desperate people do desperate things.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:

There is a really disgusting underbelly to the mail-order bride "trade" that has tentacles that reach deep into the sex slave trade, sex tourism, child prostitution, human trafficking, debt bondage and other forms of sexual subjugation against women that are run by organized crime groups worldwide. So while some may want to declare that this is nothing more than lonely men seeking company there are other aspects of this "business" that certainly are not innocent.

Human trafficking in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There have been 5,000 Filipina mail order brides entering the United States every year since 1986, a total of 55,000 as of 1997. Matibag, an assistant professor of the Department of Sociology at the Iowa State University, said browsing for potential brides on websites is as easy as shopping for a shirt. Each woman is assigned a catalogue number. Maria Regina Angela Galias, head of the Migrant Integration and Education Division of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), stated that South Korea and Japan have become the top destinations of Filipina mail-order brides. Over 70% of Philippine women live in poverty, thus making them particularly vulnerable to the mail-order industry.

Those involved in the kidnapping of children occasionally make video tapes of children being sexually abused.
A 13 year old child Sharon tells how she was forced to service more than 1,500 clients before she escaped. My back ached and I bled, she said, I tried to run away but the guard at the door blocked my way and pushed me back into the room. "I cried and cried all night."

Children are at risk of hiv/aids from child molesters.
The prevalence of gonorrhea and chlamydia was 18.6% and 29.1% respectively.Philippine law provides for compulsory HIV testing in some circumstances, and of course people may voluntarily be tested for AIDS. The Philippine government has provided a mechanism for anonymous HIV testing and guarantees anonymity and medical confidentiality in the conduct of such tests.
Men, Women and children involved in prostitution are vulnerable to rape, murder, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. Some men said that it served them right to be infected by men. Wendy Chapkis, author of the book Live Sex Acts: Women Performing Erotic Labor in which she interviewed sex workers said at the 1998 National Women's Studies Association's annual conference at Oswego State University, "We as a culture believe that women who are sexual deserve what they get, are asking to be raped.".
This is pure drama, for every 13 year old kidnaping/rape/etc there are tons of legitimate legal age women getting with American men who are not forced or kidnapped

You the American woman rejected these men, what exactly do you expect?

I personally think there should be no time limit for the foreign woman to be married to the American, if at any time the marriage is dissolved she should be deported, she can either come here knowing that fact or she can stay where she is. That will never happen which is why I would go to the womans country if I were to search for a foreign woman.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Why are they so frustrated, wouldent you be frustrated if you were constantly rejected and had a sex drive that was out of the roof. What do you expect to happen when women behave in such a callous manner with a laundry list of standards, life still goes on for the rejected and they still want to get laid and desperate people do desperate things.
My suggestion would be to learn to get along in society like a normal person. You really need to stop with this.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
My suggestion would be to learn to get along in society like a normal person. You really need to stop with this.
If it were that simple you would not see what you see going on. Some guys just don't have "it", what ever "it" is that women are looking for. What are they suppose to do?

Old 12-22-2013, 12:32 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
If it were that simple you would not see what you see going on. Some guys just don't have "it", what ever "it" is that women are looking for. What are they suppose to do?
Well, for starters, you could drop the abrasive nature you just copped to on another thread. Try being pleasant. Try treating others like you'd want to be treated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships