Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:39 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Actually I'm not in competition mode at all when talking to J. I can put college and books aside and focus on our feelings for each other.
So J sounds like your Mr. Right.

He sounds very sweet, by the way. Very down to earth, humble, real..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 692 times
Most career women Unfortunately would make a very poor wife do to their Greed And Selfishness that they carry around with them Everywhere they go since they will Only want the Best of all and will Never settle for Less since they 're so very Power Money Hungry too which is the real reason why many of us Good men are still Single today when it does really Take Two To Tangle. There is No Reason to Blame ourselves for the kind of women that are now out there nowadays since it is all all about them. They're most likely to Cheat as well since many of the women are very Independent which they really Don't need a man to Survive at all since they really Can make it on their own which i will admit. But this does hurt many of us Good men looking for a Good woman to settle down since i just have mentioned this already. Quite a Change in the women of today compared to Most of the Good old fashioned women of years ago that Definitely would've made a much Better Wife anyway since Most of the women and men back then were very Faithful to one another since Both men and women at that time really Struggled to make ends meat. These type of women are very much to Blame for so many of us Single men that are still Not married today since many of us are really Not Single By Choice. Unfortunately for many of us men that just happened to be born at such a very bad time which it was just too bad that we Weren't born at a much Earlier Time since we really Could've Avoided this today since those early days were completely Different than today. For many of you that are married with a Good Wife And Family which you have so very much to be Very Thankful for since this really does Explain why our family members were Very Blessed back then finding Love with one another that came very Extremely Easy for them which many of our family members are still together now as i speak.

Last edited by NotSingleByChoice60; 07-22-2016 at 08:24 AM..

Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSingleByChoice60 View Post
Most career women Unfortunately would make a very poor wife do to their Greed And Selfishness that they carry around with them Everywhere they go since they will Only want the Best of all and will Never settle for Less since they 're so very Power Money Hungry too which is the real reason why many of us Good men are still Single today when it does really Take Two To Tangle. There is No Reason to Blame ourselves for the kind of women that are now out there nowadays since it is all all about them. They're most likely to Cheat as well since many of the women are very Independent which they really Don't need a man to Survive at all since they really Can make it on their own which i will admit. But this does hurt many of us Good men looking for a Good woman to settle down since i just have mentioned this already. Quite a Change in the women of today compared to Most of the Good old fashioned women of years ago that Definitely would've made a much Better Wife anyway since Most of the women and men back then were very Faithful to one another since Both men and women at that time really Struggled to make ends meat. These type of women are very much to Blame for so many of us Single men that are still Not married today since many of us are really Not Single By Choice. Unfortunately for many of us men that just happened to be born at such a very bad time which it was just too bad that we Weren't born at a much Earlier Time since we really Could've Avoided this today since those early days were completely Different than today. For many of you that are married with a Good Wife And Family which you have so very much to be Very Thankful for since this really does Explain why our family members were Very Blessed back then finding Love with one another that came very Extremely Easy for them which many of our family members are still together now as i speak.
Pssst. This thread is going to celebrate it's third birthday in a couple of months. Why was it resurrected?

Old 07-22-2016, 02:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
I am in a relationship like this. It is happening more and more often. It can be tricky because the expectations can be very different. For example I really can't always expect my husband to afford to buy me the stuff I really like with his income and more often then not I do foot the bill when we go out because I have more income. It can always balance out in other ways. There things I don't know that he is really great at ex he usually fixes most stuff that breaks and is really great a negotiating deals. We both bring different skills sets to the relationship. I think like any other situation how things work out varries. It can work out if you want it to work out. On anther note if women limit themselves to only dating men that make more money then them they are really loosing out of a lot of men that might be a better match for them in all other areas. Money is not really everything and income can go up and down.

Here is an article from my city on this topic ...

https://www.thestar.com/life/2016/06...home-dads.html

I am seeing more and more dad's taking paternity leaves and pushing stollers in my city and in other major cities. I guess the bottom line is families needs to get creative on these issues and do what makes senses the most.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:20 AM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
My husband studied in a two year machinists course then worked in a refinery. I have a four year degree and a later two year degree in graphic design. We have been married almost 34 years. My grammar, spelling, general knowledge is better but he has better common sense and can repair just about anything. He used to work on our vehicles but since they are more complicated now, we have a mechanic. I am the computer, mobile device, internet expert; he is the woodworker, tree faller, plumber, etc. It works for us.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Pssst. This thread is going to celebrate it's third birthday in a couple of months. Why was it resurrected?
He's stuck in the 50's so he's still playing " catch up".
Binge watching " Leave it to Beaver" re-runs could also be a contributing factor as to why he's having a problem keeping up with the times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships