Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 03:52 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesXavius View Post
I am a Latino male (look like Fez from 70s show) and I have pretty much dated White girls ever since I started dating. Even though I grew up in a diverse area I didn't have much attraction for Black or Asian women. Latinas are not as common where I am at either.

I just notice that whenever me or my Korean friend date White girls, we get a load of hatred. For some reason a lot of it tends to come from minorities more so than White people.

My Korean friend receives a lot of hate from Asian people in general and other minorities who are shocked that a White girl would date an Asian male, they make jokes about it. He receives some from White males but it is usually the ones you can look at and tell that they are not dating anyone (they are mostly single, geeky, and just seem hateful in general).

One thing that really gets me is because I am dark, I am starting to receive hate from younger Black girls for dating White girls. Now I don't even look Black but somehow a lot of these Black girls make me feel guilty for dating a White girl. The Latinas I have run into (mostly Puerto Rican), do the same thing as well.

I am in Atlanta and race relations here aren't that good.

Will I have to deal with this everywhere?
Well, since you look like Fez, I suggest you just adopt his clothing style and way with the ladies

Fez gets the girl - YouTube

Old 09-22-2013, 04:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
really, who cares what other people think; its only bothering you because you're letting it.

just do your own thing, and nvm about everyone else

Old 09-22-2013, 04:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Eh, I got crappy comments and dirty looks from black girls (and only from black girls) when I was the white girl dating a black guy. Whatever, their problem, not mine.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Default Still in school, young man?

Quote:
Yes, saying stuff like I am turning my back on my own kind and all White women are this way or that way.

Like there are times I cannot even sit down and have a nice meal in a school setting without someone saying "there goes the White girl chaser" or some really discomforting stuff like that.
In a school setting? How old are you? Most people who are still eating in a "school setting" are quite young. Young people are still immature about dating and romance, and it seems like young guys are more likely to pick on each other about the appearance of the girl their friend/classmate is dating and they are more worried about impressing their friends with their latest girl. For now, try to ignore them and date who you like--it's not like their disapproving words will take the girl away from you. When you get older you're not going to care so much about their opinion and your peers aren't going to tease you nearly as much.

BTW my husband loves "That 70s Show" because he identifies with Fez.

Another BTW, so many people on this forum have given you good advice already--listen up or move on.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:37 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
Low self-value and low self-esteem issues are questions that should be honestly addressed. The answers to such self-examination can be challenging, difficult, freeing and lead to a greater understanding and appreciation of self.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Well I'm sure that the OP is happy to see that several have taken the (race) bait.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:26 PM

350 posts, read 709,933 times
Quote:

I just notice that whenever me or my Korean friend date White girls, we get a load of hatred. For some reason a lot of it tends to come from minorities more so than White people.
I'd call this a load of BS but I am not that familiar with ATL. Here in Southern California I'd find this very hard to believe.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
smh

what I was getting at is that I am doing my own thing but some of these people are going out of their way to bring it up and constantly interrogating me for my preferences
Sorry OP but this simply does not ring true in my opinion and experience. Your story is very vague and illogical.

However, most of us are very familiar with the real agenda of this thread and the MANY MANY similar ones that have come before it.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
It's common to see interracial couples around in midwestern state but it's not everywhere. From what I'm aware of there's no hatred, only celebration and acceptance. A lot of my friends are married to different ethnicities and one of my Asian friend is engaged to my White friend. I haven't hear anything yet.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,255 times
It's a real issue you'll just have to get used to and start ignoring, unfortunately. I'm a black woman who mostly dates white men and I can't tell you how many black people, especially black men, jump on my back about it with their stupid race politics or how many white men act like my boyfriends are crazy for dating "down" and black, of all things ('cuz, ya' know, we're the "worst/ugliest") or making inappropriate jokes about it.

Some of my guys have really been made uncomfortable by it and I understand why it's the reason many who are attracted to someone outside of their own race don't even want to admit it let alone publicly go for it. Not everyone can handle that potential for stigma and criticism. You have to decide whether or not you always want to be one of them.

If not, you'll eventually get a thicker skin and learn that people disapproving of your choices, trying to make your life their own personal production of Les Miserables, are just par for the human course and best left tuned out. There are plenty out there who don't care, even if it doesn't seem like it in some regions, and if nothing else, the person you're with is the only one you need to be comfortable with your relationship.

Bringing more of that to the table will have you well on your way to not giving a $hit about the chronically color struck and whatever they have to say when they should be worrying about their own love lives.

As for the people implying a trollish motive, maybe that was the point of this thread, maybe it wasn't, but I chose to answer seriously anyhow. The fact that some have been lucky enough not to encounter this kind of behavior doesn't mean being okay with interracial relationships is the norm everywhere nor does it mean that all interracial pairings are regarded the same. Some are more acceptable than others depending on who you're dealing with.

Sometimes you get the poopy end of the stick and end up in an environment where your choices aren't taken very well. *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships