Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 05:19 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times

Advertisements

49 posts in, the OP only has two posts in here. I think she got the message.

To bash her as someone not worthy of the guy blah blah blah, is imo, over the top.

She has perhaps a defect of character here or there, like all of us. We all have sex problems (problems regarding a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, or however that goes for you). "We'd hardly be human if we didn't."- page 69, book Alcoholics Anonymous

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

The defect that I see glowing in her is just a tad bit of a control issue, probably sparked by a fear or a slight insecurity. No biggie. She has a right to react and feel however she pleases, to be bothered or flattered by whatever works for her. Heck, that's the beauty of dating. You find out what works for you and decide whether this thing will work out in the long-haul or not.

We learn to pick our battles, so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:30 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
If it's disrespectful to you then it's disrespectful for your relationship however I think it's suited to move on considering he seems to be embarrassed for you to be seen with him which suggests insecurity issues and in my opinion it's not suited to bother with a guy with those issues especially when it seems to come along with baggage from his prior relationship as he's still doing what he was "trained" to by an ex.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:42 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
49 posts in, the OP only has two posts in here. I think she got the message.

To bash her as someone not worthy of the guy blah blah blah, is imo, over the top.

She has perhaps a defect of character here or there, like all of us. We all have sex problems (problems regarding a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, or however that goes for you). "We'd hardly be human if we didn't."- page 69, book Alcoholics Anonymous

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

The defect that I see glowing in her is just a tad bit of a control issue, probably sparked by a fear or a slight insecurity. No biggie. She has a right to react and feel however she pleases, to be bothered or flattered by whatever works for her. Heck, that's the beauty of dating. You find out what works for you and decide whether this thing will work out in the long-haul or not.

We learn to pick our battles, so to speak.
Here's where I respectfully disagree. If she's bringing the problem to a forum, she wants advice here, not affirmation. And given that the poster can't seem to get into a lasting relationship, it is up to us to point to the clues she's leaving as the reasons why.

I dated a girl like the OP when I was a freshman in college. Holy cow, I thought she hung the moon. But she was also a total drama queen who would absolutely freak out every single time I saw a female friend from high school or even had a conversation with a cashier at the grocery store.

The final straw was when I saw my best friend from high school at the mall, who gave me her customary hug. I would have introduced my friend to my girlfriend, but she kept right on walking and refused to talk to either of us. So I threw in the towel and broke up with her right there in the shopping mall, realizing that the rest of my life would be spent propping up a neurotic and controlling woman. It's exhausting to date someone like that, because you're walking on eggshells every moment of the day. Hence my advice.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's where I respectfully disagree. If she's bringing the problem to a forum, she wants advice here, not affirmation. And given that the poster can't seem to get into a lasting relationship, it is up to us to point to the clues she's leaving as the reasons why.

I dated a girl like the OP when I was a freshman in college. Holy cow, I thought she hung the moon. But she was also a total drama queen who would absolutely freak out every single time I saw a female friend from high school or even had a conversation with a cashier at the grocery store.

The final straw was when I saw my best friend from high school at the mall, who gave me her customary hug. I would have introduced my friend to my girlfriend, but she kept right on walking and refused to talk to either of us. So I threw in the towel and broke up with her right there in the shopping mall, realizing that the rest of my life would be spent propping up a neurotic and controlling woman. It's exhausting to date someone like that, because you're walking on eggshells every moment of the day. Hence my advice.
Re: the bolded, there are sooo many people who come here looking for affirmation under the guise of advice. Those ones go down in a ball of flames after arguing everyone to death because they really didn't want advice in the first place.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
He's not my boyfriend, only someone i am seeing. Thinking of moving on is because i dont feel hes that interested, the holding hand is only the catalyst.
"She's not my wife. She's just someone I keep seeing in my life every freakin day!!! UGH!!!!! "

Focus FM!! Focus!!!

Why don't you email this post you made to him so he knows how you feel.

How did you introduce him to your colleague??

Old 09-25-2013, 12:57 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Awww poor guy. I believe him, don't dump him. I don't think he was being disrespectful. You should reassure him.
Look at #33.

She's crazy!

He has to find someone that doesn't treat him like a doormat.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:03 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
Walking in a mall with him holding hands, a colleague of mine came by said hi to me, he immediately dropped my hand. After a few hours I decided to tell him I didnt like his reaction he was like oh I am sorry but his ex always did that to him so he was trained to do that. He said less drama in that way, and he said in a joking way that "Well I dont want your colleague to think that you are dating a big guy and he looks scary."

I am not fine with it, thinking of moving on. What do you guys think? Is it disrespectful or am I just overreacting.
If you said that he drops your hand when he see his work colleagues, I might be more inclined to think something was up. As in he was embarrassed to be seen with you. The way he describes it, sounds odd, but may be harmless... IDK...only you can know about that.

I think you maybe overacting a bit.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 PM

415 posts, read 599,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Re: the bolded, there are sooo many people who come here looking for affirmation under the guise of advice. Those ones go down in a ball of flames after arguing everyone to death because they really didn't want advice in the first place.
Repped. You saved me the trouble of typing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships