Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:28 PM

543 posts, read 534,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This. These guys that focus on rejection...something wrong there. People that focus on negatives are real downers.
When all one has encountered is the negative, how are they supposed to focus on something they've never experienced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's hard to say. I will say that most men get rejected more times between the ages of 16-22 then the average woman gets rejected her entire life
They should have a super rep selection for this post. Rep + 12.

Although, it's not all men. Some will always do well. Which, is good for them, can't playa hate.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:54 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And herein lies the real problem as exemplified by some old man who has 1959 in his forum name: so many men are angry with women for rejecting them but also angry with them for letting others in the door. We can't sleep with them all and we don't reject them all. If a young woman is beautiful and popular, she's going to have to make some choices, even if she's promiscuous. To be angry with her for having choices is like being angry with the fact that there are flies in the world or that the sun is shining. If she makes the choice to not reject very many men then some of the men who come after them are going to be offended by that and that often has a lot to do with how many choices hey had. If men weren't hitting up on women though, they wouldn't have any choices so the obvious solution is to stop hitting up on us. There. Problem solved.
Yeah, it understandable and stands to reason an attractive looking woman is going to have a lot of men to pick from. And among the most sought after men too.

Me, personally, I have no beef with that. Actually, I'm not sure I have beefs with anything other than lies. I've heard too many of them. America is full of them.

I don't hit on American women. But like feminist women, or women that have been raped once, feel for women in x position (or just for being a woman), I feel for those American men hated KKK-style by the female population of the country and her side kick males.

I don't care what they say. I learned from their play books. Rule #1 in their play books: oppose him/them at every turn.

So, I say to myself, get myself convict fit, change my last name to Mohammad, arm myself, spit on the flag, and provoke your enemy to draw his firearm. And when he does, there'll be no tears in the end.

Profanity laced song.

Scarface-No Tears - YouTube

Old 09-28-2013, 10:34 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't think I've ever been angry that women have rejected me, it's more of how and what they said that has me completely dismissing the whole idea of approaching another woman again.

I don't know what it's like to think about rejection all day, or even on a daily basis. Honestly I can't remember the last time I ever thought about rejection, probably the last time a woman told me to kill myself again, which was some time ago.

Also, I've never thought about a woman's sexual past, or how many partners she's had, or how often she's turned men down. It's never been anything I've ever cared to think about.
No Prince, it's like I tell my students when I'm giving the whole class trouble--"if you weren't doing what I'm getting onto you all about then I'm not talking to you.

Lord knows there are mean people in this world and not all of them are men and not all are women. 50/50 probably. You've mainly been exposed to the nastiness of women and I've primarily been exposed to the nastiness of men. I had one man drag me back to the bedroom and attempt to rape me at a party b/c I wouldn't go to bed with him. No wait, that happened twice only one of those times he was going to drag his friends into it too only some of them got smart and realized that was going to be real trouble and stopped him. These were innocent college parties. Well I guess not so innocent but the kind that normal kids go to, not the crazy wet t-shirt ones you hear so much about. Both were first dates and the second one had ignored me all evening until he was ready to get laid. Nope, there are just mean people out there and women have to be smart and reject men and sadly they often reject the nicest ones.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:44 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
The numbers here are kind of over the top

My guess would be between 1-4 times a month for an average girl who is not very flirty.

I think people are overestimating social contact. First we interact with a lot of the same people on a regular basis and second most men don't ask out random strangers out they just saw at a gas station or supermarket. Not even here in Miami, and not even if you look like Megan Fox. Third a good amount of men are not single and/or are hanging aroud with their girlfriends. So no, it's not as common as people claim in this thread.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
You could say that about anything in life. If my mother died tmrw, you could also tell me to frame it in the right way, but it would still hurt for a long time.
The fact that you can even begin to compare a woman saying no to a date with the death of your mother is exactly the problem here. It's normal to have a grieving period when your mother dies, but not when you get turned down for a date. You only have one mother, but there are billions of women in the world. When one says no, you ask out another.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 AM

13,650 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Reading the frustrations evinced in this thread, I say facetiously, with a curt and condescending grin - but really, only partially so - that the comprehensive solution is - wait for it - Sharia law! The highlights include:

- strict separation between the genders, in all walks of life
- arranged marriages, often contracted by the parents while the future bride and groom are still infants
- severe penalties for extramarital sex
- formation of couples based on what's best for the village or tribe, and not the two individuals

Then, men would no longer fret over being rejected. Women would not grouse about being approached by undesirables. We'd no longer roll our eyes over sexual themes and sexual exploitation used for advertising and for pacing the culture. Men would rest assured that attaining some threshold of financial success guarantees scoring a bride, social skills be damned. And teenagers would have no awkward moments over sexual hangups.

What's not to like? To prepare, begin by weaving sturdy baskets for holding stones to throw, and start drying strips of leather to make whips. The more delicate fabrics will go towards making burkas, and the best steel for branding-irons. I see a new economy rising, and a marvelous social order that dispenses with the tawdry trappings of reading body language, online dating, primping and toning, pickup-lines and cocktail party banter.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times

Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
4 out of 5 every other weekend. That's 8 a month. Yearly 96.

There are 52 weeks in a year. Four rejections every other weekend = 4 * 26 = 104. (There are more than 4 weeks per month.)

Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 PM

220 posts, read 269,158 times
It's never me, so I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships