Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM

529 posts, read 702,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
So, you believe (as do I) that a person's full heart and devotion can be given before any sex -- then, what difference is there if she is a virgin?
Because if someone has had multiple partners, that means he/she has "given their full heart" to lots of people. It's sort of like divorce. Call me old-fashioned, but I won't date a divorced woman because I know that she's told someone that she loved them and wanted to spend the rest of her life with them and then changed her mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 04:47 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
I did ask you, but you edited that part out.

Is deliberate deception worse than something that was not, in provable fact, assumed?
You did ask, but the implication was that that particular base assumption was (to quote your earlier post), part of an "imaginary universe", yes? And so I wasn't 100% sure about the overall point that was trying to be made in that case; hence the omission...I assure you, no deception was intended

Old 09-28-2013, 04:47 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Just wanted to comment on the statement that "statistically" two virgins together have higher rates of divorce and sadness. That's not actually true. I'm assuming that someone actually has conducted such a survey, which I'm not aware of. (Meaning, it sounds like a fictitious "fact" that people like to cite.) The number of spouses where both are virgins has to be quite low. Therefore, if even one couple gets divorced, suddenly you're looking at like a 33% divorce rate. So it's a meaningless statistic.
you joined up just for this? golly how convenient

Quote:
Because if someone has had multiple partners, that means he/she has "given their full heart" to lots of people

awesome now i know my next seedy pickup line for all the sl*ts i hang around with

"ehhh bebe, lemme see ya full heart, uh..."

Old 09-28-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
you joined up just for this? golly how convenient
What's wrong? The discussion happened to yank my chain. Is that unacceptable for you?

Old 09-28-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
what's wrong? The discussion happened to yank my chain. Is that unacceptable for you?
0/10

what was your previous name here?

Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
So, you believe (as do I) that a person's full heart and devotion can be given before any sex -- then, what difference is there if she is a virgin?
Technically, it really doesn't, TBH....but at the same time though, is a woman still also going to feel the same level of emotional attachment to a guy, after she had her first time previously with another guy in the past?

I have been romantically attracted to both madonna-type females, as well as non-madonna type females...and I treated them 100% and exactly the same; I absolutely never played favorites with anyone, and never even once treated the madonnas as though they were better than the non-madonnas. Love is love, and they were fully-equal to me, in my eyes. What I am not 100% sure of and was kinda wondering about myself though is if non-madonnas can also become as easily attached as madonnas, to a serious male love interest...

Old 09-28-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
0/10

what was your previous name here?
Your shots in the dark are amusing, my friend.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Technically, it really doesn't, TBH....but at the same time though, is a woman still also going to feel the same level of emotional attachment to a guy, after she had her first time previously with another guy in the past?
i for one prefer the attachments of an adult, not the crushes of a child

love, loss, sex and all the rest is part of becoming an adult

not to say a virgin can't have strong and true feelings, but to fetishize them as somehow stronger by definition than everyone else's is just nonsense

Old 09-28-2013, 05:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
If the man and the woman sharing physical intimacy for the first time together are both innocent, pure, etc. (as described above), there is really no rational reason that I can think of as to why the man would think any less about a woman that he loves though, purely because of that factor by itself. If as some have mentioned in the thread, if a woman can become incredibly attached to a man after her first time, then why can't a man, as well?
Really? OK, then just imagine this woman really ends up enjoying sex--often and in the most uninhibited ways you can imagine. Is this guy still going to able to see her as "pure"? Or does he expect her to enjoy sex in a more "ladylike" and modest way?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
True, according to modern statistics, that is -- historically though, that was not necessarily always the case...
If you assume that premarital sex was anything less than normal and common in every historical era, including the 20th century, you are very naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships