Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:51 AM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanlover View Post
I know how to raise a toddler and a child. I know nothing about a baby. It took me a long time to figure out the certain kinds of crys and what they mean. She has our son on a schedule and I want to make sure I don't ruin that over a weekend or however long I am with him alone.
This is YOUR kid and you say that? I have no sympathy for you. You've clearly made your own mess here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 AM

191 posts, read 144,891 times
decline of marriage is about of freedom women and men got. They look for best where ego prevails over meaning of coexistence and none to give up personal demand. I do not know how majority of below 30-35 would survive the marriage contract because of excessive hopes not matched to knowledge of human psychology they would have to rule this in positive and happy manner. Both should know how to sacrifice and reward another for such.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:59 AM

709 posts, read 1,129,767 times
Marriage once made sense but people have a bad habit of continuing to do things JUST because its the way its always been done.. even if it no longer works or no longer makes any sense.

I'm only speaking from the male perspective here, but I believe marriage is a horrible idea. Once a man has signed a marriage license he is the property of his wife and basically a slave. The state will bring the full burden of the law to insure this.....all the dishes, framing, gutter cleaning, oil and diaper changes, cooking, mopping, and shared checking accounts do not change the fact that under the law your wife owns you.

There is no 'equal' in human relations....there is the master and there are subjects. After a marriage or a long-term relationship with kids, a man is a slave. The state owns him.

As soon as a woman realizes this, you have no real leverage in your relationship. So what fool would sign up for that?

There is NO WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN MARRIAGE. You are at the utter mercy of the judge. Prenups are not worth the paper they are written on. Women change over time and when they change within a relationship or marriage the full power of the state is on their side.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:57 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Marriage once made sense but people have a bad habit of continuing to do things JUST because its the way its always been done.. even if it no longer works or no longer makes any sense.

I'm only speaking from the male perspective here, but I believe marriage is a horrible idea. Once a man has signed a marriage license he is the property of his wife and basically a slave. The state will bring the full burden of the law to insure this.....all the dishes, framing, gutter cleaning, oil and diaper changes, cooking, mopping, and shared checking accounts do not change the fact that under the law your wife owns you.

There is no 'equal' in human relations....there is the master and there are subjects. After a marriage or a long-term relationship with kids, a man is a slave. The state owns him.

As soon as a woman realizes this, you have no real leverage in your relationship. So what fool would sign up for that?

There is NO WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN MARRIAGE. You are at the utter mercy of the judge. Prenups are not worth the paper they are written on. Women change over time and when they change within a relationship or marriage the full power of the state is on their side.
There is a way and that's through an asset protection plan.

By doing this not only will your money and investments be protected but your car and house will be protected too.

Not one cent will go towards your ex-spouse during a divorce.

It's magnitude's times better than a pre-nup.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 AM

896 posts, read 1,176,634 times
Quote:
The idea of marriage has spanned many generations and usually used for perverted means. Most of the time it has been used to lock a young woman, sometimes teenager, into a life of slavery. For men, specifically the United States, you are locked away like a slave. You cannot leave your supposed spouse regardless of the situation, you will be chastised by most of the country, employers, anyone that asks you about your marriage, regardless of who ended it, you will be chastised.

I work a 12 hour night shift, then a 9 hour day shift. Staying up for 32 hours straight, three times a week. Then one 12 hour and one 6 hour shift.

I thought I would give my thoughts as pretense. Any question I ask my wife about what she does either it be me or my son, i get chastised for the question. She thinks I am questioning her ability, when I've told her many times, I don't know what she does, that is why I am asking. I brought up logic to her "What if I had to babysit? I want to make sure I know what I am doing." Logic fails and she still thinks I am questioning her. I also ask questions about her spending or any other subject and with no avail, still thinks I am questioning her ability. I love it when she tells me to frack you(using another word) or I am donkey(another word for it)

In other situations she'll bring up a point of saying "We are a package, if I go away, he goes with me." In other words, if we divorce, I would never get to see my son.

I don't know how many nights I've been upset of other things she has said, but I have grown immune to her words and I use to be all distraught and bothered all night. I could use many other examples, but this should do.

Is this the average marriage in the United States? hmmmm?
Sounds to me like you made a poor choice for a spouse. That isn't the fault of the institution of marriage!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:45 PM

11,393 posts, read 24,436,628 times
Quote:
You bring up money. I don't care about money. I really don't. I've been living in poverty my entire life, including now, and I don't know any different. Being alone has nothing to do with it. I am 100% thinking of my son in my situation. Everyone's point brought up has already been considered months ago.

Wow.. this gets better. Just been given an ultimatum. Sorry but working 40 hours doesn't cut it in the life she wants...
Since we don't know the laws or customs in your country, we can only view your troubles from our own experiences. I will suggest that you stand up for yourself and tell your wife to get a job.

My guess is that if you divorce, the courts will allow you visitation rights with your child.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:37 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,714 times
Don't get marriage because some whiny guy has taken to the internet to talk about his terrible marriage? Okay.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM

102,180 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
The idea of marriage has spanned many generations and usually used for perverted means. Most of the time it has been used to lock a young woman, sometimes teenager, into a life of slavery. For men, specifically the United States, you are locked away like a slave. You cannot leave your supposed spouse regardless of the situation, you will be chastised by most of the country, employers, anyone that asks you about your marriage, regardless of who ended it, you will be chastised.

I work a 12 hour night shift, then a 9 hour day shift. Staying up for 32 hours straight, three times a week. Then one 12 hour and one 6 hour shift.

I thought I would give my thoughts as pretense. Any question I ask my wife about what she does either it be me or my son, i get chastised for the question. She thinks I am questioning her ability, when I've told her many times, I don't know what she does, that is why I am asking. I brought up logic to her "What if I had to babysit? I want to make sure I know what I am doing." Logic fails and she still thinks I am questioning her. I also ask questions about her spending or any other subject and with no avail, still thinks I am questioning her ability. I love it when she tells me to frack you(using another word) or I am donkey(another word for it)

In other situations she'll bring up a point of saying "We are a package, if I go away, he goes with me." In other words, if we divorce, I would never get to see my son.

I don't know how many nights I've been upset of other things she has said, but I have grown immune to her words and I use to be all distraught and bothered all night. I could use many other examples, but this should do.

Is this the average marriage in the United States? hmmmm?
Why did you marry this person? Why do you have such a horrific work schedule? It's schedules like that that tend to spell doom for a marriage.

Marriage is serious business. Look before you leap. Love does NOT "conquer all"; you have to put a lot of thought into how your work, family life, couple time and money are going to work in order for it to have a good chance to work out well. Once you've thoroughly checked out your SO and feel you've made a good choice, then the two of you need to talk about all the above and more before you tie the knot. There's a lot of homework to be done prior to marriage. I can't help but wonder if you two did any of that.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:12 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,640,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Seriously. Who works 40 hours in a developed country and is still living in the dumps?

I work 40 hours a week and am just above the poverty line.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:17 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,156,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I work 40 hours a week and am just above the poverty line.
Yeah, I get the sense some people don't know just how misleading calling the US a "developed" country is. Among all the other Western countries as well as the East Asian countries, the US has abysmally bad living standards, a low minimum wage, poor benefits and pension and overall just a ****ty place to live for the working class (and now the middle class is shrinking too...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships