Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM

21 posts, read 46,647 times

Advertisements

When a guy gives a girl advice about her problems with another guy, does it mean she is in his sister zone or friendzone? Does this mean he is NOT attracted to her because he listens to her guy problems and gives her advice?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 PM

220 posts, read 269,036 times
No, sometimes you even steal them away because she realizes what a turd he is compared to you.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:48 PM

37 posts, read 41,052 times
Depends a lot on the person. Personally I will give some small advice to women I'm attracted to if I feel that they are going though something and I can actually help. I am never a shoulder to cry on and I don't give endless "help" or enable relationships with guys that aren't me. That's something I may do for really close female friends but almost never with a woman I actually have feelings for.

So in short if a dude is listening to all of a girl's problems there is either some "friend zone" action going on or he's being a wussy and won't stand up for his feelings.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
It doesn't tell you either way.

He could just be a good friend.

Or he could be faking friendship in the hope of getting in her pants.

Or he could be hanging around in the hope she will fall in love with him and marry him.

Or he could be gay

Or he could be hoping he will advise him about girls!

Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 PM

Tell you what OP....with my Sister I hide in bushes waiting for exes and whatnot more than I care to say.

I wasn't a shoulder to cry on so to speak.

Just a bodyguard and able to point out what an azzhole he is/was.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:42 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
It doesn't mean he's not attracted to her..But it could be a sign he's not interested in a relationship.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker Ten View Post
When a guy gives a girl advice about her problems with another guy, does it mean she is in his sister zone or friendzone? Does this mean he is NOT attracted to her because he listens to her guy problems and gives her advice?
On the contrary. He is attracted to you. By giving you advice to repair, ironically, your current relationship, he is subconsciously acknowledging that HE is in YOUR friendzone and he's hoping that he can get out of it by showing you how much better he is than the other guy.

[from personal experience, this is a waste of a guy's time]

Old 09-30-2013, 11:58 PM

You shouldn't do it for money or sexual gain or recognition.

You should do it for free because you care.

I hid in a pile of raked leaves once too waiting to see if a ex would come home drunk and try to smash his way in.

He never showed up.....damn. lol

Wanted to rough him up for attempted breaking and entering.

Maybe assault too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships