Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I'd rather be
Teased 3 12.00%
Rejected 22 88.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times

Advertisements

Option one, there is no impossible there is only really hard and I do really hard very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Option one, there is no impossible there is only really hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Although, both suck, I believe most people would realistically choose the first option, because anything is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
despite the qualifying statement about being teased, it can lead to possibilities
Funny to see three of you change the hypothetical presented by the OP so that you could give the answer you wanted to give. I think we know where the three votes for Option 1 came from.

The OP clearly stated multiple times that the teasing option is a situation where nothing is going to come of it.
That means your choice isn't between possible and impossible, it's between getting dumped slowly (while mistakenly thinking there's a possibility) and getting dumped quickly & harshly. Changing the hypothetical changes which answer is preferable for most.

Last edited by nearnorth; 10-01-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 PM

A hypothesis must stand up to factual truth and if it fails that test is flawed. A new hypothesis is then formulated that does reflect known reality. Reality is, the OP does not own it and I make my own to such extent as I may which is true of all of us. If you want to let someone else define yours that is your choice but it's not a choice I share.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM

37 posts, read 41,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Would you rather be relentlessly romantically/sexually teased by someone (this feels good) even though realistically there is no prospect of turning it into reality and truly being with that person?

Or,

Would you rather be flat-out and possibly harshly rejected by a person you're just getting to know that you're very very attracted to, but they do not lead you on?

PS - I'm not asking married/attached folks this question so please don't vote.
IMO second one all the way. Way eisiaer to move onto something that's actually going to work.

Also there is nothing stopping you from getting to know them and maybe play some games like you would with the first but know its not going anywhere. That can still have fun. Basically end up with a flirty friendship as long as you respect boundaries. Or anyway I've had that a few times and I'm not being "used" in anyway either, I'm sure of that.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Reality is, the OP does not own it and I make my own to such extent as I may which is true of all of us. If you want to let someone else define yours that is your choice but it's not a choice I share.
So you answered your own new question rather than the one posed by the OP. Nothing wrong with that, but it would probably make more sense to create your own poll and thread to do that. It's generally assumed that answers given in a poll are in response to the question being asked.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Would you rather be relentlessly romantically/sexually teased by someone (this feels good) even though realistically there is no prospect of turning it into reality and truly being with that person?

Or,

Would you rather be flat-out and possibly harshly rejected by a person you're just getting to know that you're very very attracted to, but they do not lead you on?

PS - I'm not asking married/attached folks this question so please don't vote.
Definitely #1, if it is what I think you mean. That a woman is attracted to me and wants me and I want her too, but she can't be with me for whatever reason?

Obviously I choose that over flat out rejection. The first would at least help improve my self esteem, which needs it somewhat. It would also give me a story to tell.

That has never happened to me though. #2 has happened quite often. I don't need any more stories about that.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
So you answered your own new question rather than the one posed by the OP. Nothing wrong with that, but it would probably make more sense to create your own poll and thread to do that. It's generally assumed that answers given in a poll are in response to the question being asked.
Wrong. I answered her question with one of her options and explained why. You don't get to define reality either.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I would choose option 2 too.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Wrong. I answered her question with one of her options and explained why.
You answered with one of the OP's options, but in response to your own question rather than the question being asked. You decided you didn't like one phrase in the question, so you removed it, creating your own fantasy-land question with a completely different (and obvious) answer. Again, there's nothing wrong with asking a different question, but it would have made more sense to start a new poll to do so.

Most of us would choose #1 if we were answering your question. Since we were answering the question being asked, however, we chose #2.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 AM

You don't need to put words in my mouth to push your agenda, it's a forum, you can speak your mind on your own. The question had been asked and answered, deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships