Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Well that's the real problem, then. I would address that before addressing how to treat women.
I am working on it. It will get a lot better once i get a real job that i like.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM

220 posts, read 269,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am working on it. It will get a lot better once i get a real job that i like.
Already have 3. lol

No mo!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 PM

570 posts, read 721,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_frog View Post
there's no answer to your question, but yeah i've seen it many many times as well.

That's a very large corner of the world, by the way.
qft

Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
Women who go for low hanging fruit often have issues of their own. It's usually self-esteem issues. Sometimes it's something much worse. To me, those type of women aren't worth the time and effort.

If you want quality, you have to be patient.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
You ask any woman, and they say stuff like I want a nice guy who is sensitive and kind and loving and all that nonsense.

Ok great. then how come for the most part, from what I've seen in real life, the opposite is true?

The 2 guys I know who gets a different girl every month are complete douches to the girls. They would literally bang their brains out and then call a cab to send the girls home afterwards. And they are hooking up with 8,9, 10s. On the rare occasion that they have a 2 week dry spell, they would be willing to lower the bar to a 6-7.

The next guy who is third place in getting girls is no guardian angel either. He would basically spend just enough to get them in bed. After scoring it's hit it and quit it logic for him. It's worked many many times.

Meanwhile, all the "nice guys" I know, whatever that means, get's no girls.

I am sure 99% of the guys can agree with that from their personal experiences as well.

Discuss.
Nice guys, good guys, whatever you want to call them - they aren't jealous of the bad boys that screw a different girl every night. If you actually have good intentions and want an actual relationship and not just a place to stick your thing for the night - then you go after quality, not quantity. A good guy wouldn't be complaining about his friends banging "8,9,10's" while he's not getting to bang anyone.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
Already have 3. lol

No mo!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Women who go for low hanging fruit often have issues of their own. It's usually self-esteem issues. Sometimes it's something much worse. To me, those type of women aren't worth the time and effort.

If you want quality, you have to be patient.
Nice guys don't usually need to be fixed. Bad boys usually do, so they become a project. Women think if they can "create" the perfect man, he will never leave them. Also, if they're busy fixing someone else, they don't have to look at what needs to be fixed in their own lives.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Seriously though, that fake nice makes you into a "simp" (short for simpleton?) that opens hells gates in the broken, bitter, chaotic women that will take advantage of you and belittle your existance while you beg for forgiveness and walk on eggshells in her presence. For a while, lots of prime time TV and movies portray this trope of the wimpy nice guy and the tough gal wife... I've known real couples like this where husbands ask wives for permission, it's like they're asking their mother.

The reality is they won't respect guys like that, so they'll turn to the jerks. Some might be scared to offend the jerk so they stick with him (odd cycle isn't it?). The key is indifference, treat women like you treat men. They're no more special than you or me... no one likes a suck up, well, unless she has a princess mentality. (shudder)
Yeah, I have seen this dynamic a lot with the genders reversed -- he treats her like crap, she walks on eggshells, he then has even less respect for her.

I think it's a human thing, not a gender thing. Seeing a person as valuable even when they put up with crap from you is pretty advanced. Thinking that they don't value themselves, and so you should not value them, is the easy way out. I am guilty of this myself sometimes with guys on this forum, for example.

And I completely agree with treating women the way you treat men. Although I hope that is not really indifference. Polite and kind and compassionate and honest would work better.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 PM

220 posts, read 269,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
One full time, two part time. Just worked all weekend too BTW.

Back to full time in the morning.

"Nice guys" were probably playing xBox 360 and eating Pop Tarts all weekend.

I ain't got time for that.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTRK View Post
One full time, two part time. Just worked all weekend too BTW.

Back to full time in the morning.

"Nice guys" were probably playing xBox 360 and eating Pop Tarts all weekend.

I ain't got time for that.

OK got it when i read your post i was like WTF you taking about .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships