Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Nice guys are always complaining about how “nice guys finish last.” They never realize "It is never a competition."

Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
'Nice guys' say things "I didn't try to kiss her because I want her to know I respect her." And then they whine about never getting anywhere with women.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,549 times
It's all about balance. Be a nice guy with just a dash of jerk to get just the right mix.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
You ask any woman, and they say stuff like I want a nice guy who is sensitive and kind and loving and all that nonsense.

Ok great. then how come for the most part, from what I've seen in real life, the opposite is true?

The 2 guys I know who gets a different girl every month are complete douches to the girls. They would literally bang their brains out and then call a cab to send the girls home afterwards. And they are hooking up with 8,9, 10s. On the rare occasion that they have a 2 week dry spell, they would be willing to lower the bar to a 6-7.

The next guy who is third place in getting girls is no guardian angel either. He would basically spend just enough to get them in bed. After scoring it's hit it and quit it logic for him. It's worked many many times.

Meanwhile, all the "nice guys" I know, whatever that means, get's no girls.

I am sure 99% of the guys can agree with that from their personal experiences as well.

Discuss.
The "nice" guys women reject are not really nice. They are just fake nice. They have an overblown sense of entitlement; they think women owe them sexual interest because they are so "nice. " When they don't get the attention they think they deserve, they stop being "nice" and become bitter and hostile. They particularly hate it when guys they don't consider "nice" get women's attention instead of them. Sound familiar?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The "nice" guys women reject are not really nice. They are just fake nice. They have an overblown sense of entitlement; they think women owe them sexual interest because they are so "nice. " When they don't get the attention they think they deserve, they stop being "nice" and become bitter and hostile. They particularly hate it when guys they don't consider "nice" get women's attention instead of them. Sound familiar?
LOL totally agree!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:09 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
So the definition of success is a new girl every month?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 AM

220 posts, read 269,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So the definition of success is a new girl every month?
No, it's not giving a rip and being your true self at all times.....No matter how much they punish you for it. Like it will change or something. lol

Like hell......

Old 09-30-2013, 12:19 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
There seems to be an echo in here. Well said, though.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:19 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,467 times
Quote:
Aren't you the one who always defends people against generalizations? Now every "nice" guy rejected by a woman is "blah blah misogynistic". There are a lot of guys on here that don't get it, but many "nice" guys are actually nice and just don't have the "kick in the ass" to go get a girlfriend. These men should not be considered in the light you paint them in.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:28 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Here's what I've noticed in my corner of the world (aka my life).

Truly healthy nice guys find truly nice girls and stay together for a long time (if not forever). Nice guys that end up with mean women have issues. Most likely, they're not truly nice guys, they're just passive and seen as prey/wimps or they expect some sort of payback for being nice. Ditto goes for nice girls with issues.

The few truly healthy nice people I have known in my life, are genuinely good people at heart. They help because they want to, not because they get something out of it. And they rarely complain about helping out people. Versus, a fake nice guy like my XH, who only did things for people because it made him look good (women would coo over how nice he was, gag). Truth was, he's a doormat (passive).

Most women who loved a bad boy, then settled down with a good guy, guess what? They're the ones that have complained about how boring their life is, how boring their husband is, etc. Those women, aren't the truly healthy nice women. They're the nice women with issues (obviously, since they wanted bad boys to begin with). The same goes for men.

So you see, how many truly healthy nice people are out there? Very few IMHO. And they've probably found a truly healthy nice person to spend their lives with already. The rest of us....probably have some sort of issues. I'm a good person, but I know I toe the line sometimes. A truly healthy nice guy, would expect me to know my limits and not go past them. If I was that, I wouldn't even toe the line. But I'm not. So I figured out I need somewhat of a bad boy, with a good heart, who will challenge me in life. I had the "nice guy" passive doormat, that was depressing as hell.

Think about it. Think about the truly healthy nice people you know. I bet you, they rarely, if ever, dated someone who was mean to them. Because if you're a healthy person, most likely, you won't even go down that route once you realize what they're like. I know a handful and they have never dated bad people (bad in any way) and they were all married by the time they were 25 to other genuinely nice good people. Sick isn't it? Hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships