Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Then you can believe that others are happy in an open relationship?
I personally don't believe any married women can be happy knowing their husbands screwing other women. NO, I don't believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
I don't share so I would never consider it. I'm sure there are people who happily do and that's their business.

If one party isn't 100% gung ho on the idea, I think it's a disaster in the making...
^
This is key. Both parties have to be on the same page and have the same goals. When one person is using or manipulating the other person regardless of issue is when the problems occur: It may be sexuality, Financial, child rearing or any other life topic. In reality the person being manipulated is also at fault because they put theirself in the situation in the first place and can always leave.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-01-2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
No way. Why even be in a relationship if it is "open?" I'd end it.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I personally don't believe any married women can be happy knowing their husbands screwing other women. NO, I don't believe that.
You're contradicting yourself. You can believe that some women don't view sex the same way you or I do, but you can't believe they'd be ok with their husband having sex with someone else?

If you understand that sex means different things to different people - and you acknowledge that - you should be able to acknowledge that not everyone would feel the same way about sharing a partner.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
You're contradicting yourself. You can believe that some women don't view sex the same way you or I do, but you can't believe they'd be ok with their husband having sex with someone else?

If you understand that sex means different things to different people - and you acknowledge that - you should be able to acknowledge that not everyone would feel the same way about sharing a partner.
Why be married if you want to have sex with other people? Marriage should mean you are in a monogamous, committed relationship.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Well, I don't believe any married women would be happy knowing their husbands screwing other women.

I believe people can be happy with open relationship (without getting married).

That is what I believe in.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:55 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why be married if you want to have sex with other people? Marriage should mean you are in a monogamous, committed relationship.
Lots of should-ing going on here.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I had an open relationship that worked out fine for seven years. It finally ended for reasons that had nothing to do with the fact it was open. Believe it or not, being in an open relationship an increase your sense of security, because your partner has no reason to lie or cheat.

The most important thing to remember is that our culture has an extremely strong bias against non-monogamy. When my ex and I split, nearly everyone assumed it was over jealousy (it wasn't). Monogamous people who know about your relationship will often feel entitled to judge you and make assumptions about you. Just ask them, with a 50% divorce rate and rampant cheating inside and outside marriages, how's that strict monogamy working out for them?

Frankly, I suspect non-monogamy is far more common than we realize. People just don't talk about it much.
I will never stop believing that men were ment to be monogamous. Monogamy is a man made social construct.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:57 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I have always said that if I knew two men at once for whom I felt deeply attracted, I'd join a church and light a candle of thanks. Finding one is hard enough.
You made me laugh, thanks!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I will never stop believing that men were ment to be monogamous. Monogamy is a man made social construct.
And I can respect that 100%. IF this is what you believe in, this is what you believe in. Nothing wrong with it.

Your posts have been very consistent, that is why your words have credibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always wonder though, If one wants to be with other people and not just one person his or her whole life, why get married? I don't see the point. marriage is to link 2 people together for life. a commitment that should never be broken, yet is broken all too often. I agree that there is something much deeper going on under the surface and that they do dumb down the relationships and don't want to make that commitment because they are afraid of getting hurt or whatever other reasons.

They choose to get married, then having open relationship just to stay together. That makes no sense.

Many people don't believe monogamy, that doesn't make them awful people. But people get in monogamy kind of relationship and later change their minds, (that is fine too) But those who hide behind open relationship just to satisfy their own selfish needs, and force people to accept them for who they are - Doesn't make any sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships